Re: Britain & Noah's flood from A/P; Keith Sisman will be thrilled!

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2007
      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com,
      "rlbaty50" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

      > This week from Dave Miller's Apologetics Press:
      >
      > http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/3407
      >
      > Britain as Evidence for the Flood
      > by Kyle Butt, M.A.
      >
      > On July 18, 2007, Nature magazine's news writer
      > Quirin Schiermeier reported on a scientific study
      > that has made headlines around the world. Since the
      > 1980s, various scientists have proposed that the
      > island of England was created by flooding. Recently,
      > Sanjeev Gupta, from the Imperial College of London,
      > and his research team explored the geological features
      > in and around the island. From the study, Sanjeev and
      > colleagues discovered some very interesting features
      > that led them to an even more interesting conclusion...
      >
      > "Our study provides the first direct evidence that a
      > megaflood event was responsible for carving the
      > English Channel valley network" (2007).

      Yeah yeah. Only trouble is, the megaflood carved the
      English Channel through a formation of CHALK, and
      CHALK doesn't form in the course of catastrophic
      megafloods.

      This nonsense is coming from the publication that Dub
      McClish and Michael Hatcher agree is a "vital work"
      which they would support if it were not for the "false
      teacher" Dave Miller.

      More about CHALK and the "White Cliffs of Dover":

      http://www.geologyshop.co.uk/chalk.htm

      http://csmres.jmu.edu/geollab/Fichter/SedRx/Rocks/chalk1.html

      How can anyone read an article such as Butt's in
      Apologetics Press and *not know* that it is written
      with the sole intent to deceive?

      Rick Hartzog
      Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism