Is a wannabe "David" trying to appear on Coe's debate list?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 24, 2007
      Daniel Coe's ReligiousDebates list is now reporting 35 members!

      Still no poll responders!

      Still no "David"!

      Follow the developments at:

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 24, 2007
        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com,
        "rlbaty50" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

        > Daniel Coe's ReligiousDebates list is now reporting 35 members!
        >
        > Still no poll responders!
        >
        > Still no "David"!
        >
        > Follow the developments at:

        > Sincerely,
        > Robert Baty

        Hi, Robert.

        Just wondering -- have you been banned from the
        ReligiousDebates list?

        I thought of a good debate topic a while ago and thought
        I would join the list to see if anyone wanted to take
        me up on it, but it turns out I'm already banned!

        Huh! Go figure! I didn't realize I was so feared!

        Come on out, you chickens!

        My word! This is getting ridiculous!

        Rick Hartzog
        Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 24, 2007
          Rick, you wrote, in part:

          > Just wondering -- have you
          > been banned from the
          > ReligiousDebates list?

          I sent in another message and it appears to have posted without moderation.

          So, I guess I'm still in!

          The list still belongs to me and my "Goliath of GRAS"; though the indications are that Daniel Coe has simply abandoned it!

          Still no poll responders!

          Still no "David"!

          Still no member other than myself that will even admit to being a member.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 24, 2007
            Rick,

            I TAKE IT BACK!

            The appearance I spoke of was based on seeing my message, as if from
            the ReligiousDebates list in my in-box.

            I think that I've been banned from posting, without notice.

            I sent in another message as a test.

            Neither appear to have shown up on the archives of the
            ReligiousDebates list.

            I think it is the case that when you try to reply to a post, and you
            don't have posting privileges, your reply simply goes to the original
            poster personally, with indications it is from the list.

            That appears to be what happened, leading me to believe the message in
            my in-box was sent to all members and archived on the list website.

            I guess it is just more gamesmanship from Coe, one of Brown's boys.

            Still a show to watch and see what becomes of Coe's ReligiousDebates
            list.

            Maybe with me out of the way, they'll start pelting my "Goliath" with
            their false and misleading claims.

            --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...>

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 24, 2007
              Rick,

              I am yet bewildered as to what is up with Daniel Coe's ReligiousDebates list.

              My presentation of the "Goliath of GRAS" earlier today for new members there has not posted to the archives as of the time of my writing this note.

              My followup "test" message did quickly post to the archives.

              So, I sent a second presentation of my "Goliath of GRAS" to that list.

              The second has now been archived on the ReligiousDebates website.

              So, what's up?

              I dunno!

              Maybe they are playing games, or maybe I forgot to hit the "send" button on the original message today, or maybe there was a glitch in the works between here and there.

              Maybe I'll get another message from the mystery operator of that list and that will provide some insight into what is going on.

              Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

              In any case:

              Still no poll responders!

              Still no "David"!

              Still no other member there who has dared to post and identify himself/herself or dare to take up a serious discussion as to the merits of my "Goliath of GRAS".

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 24, 2007
                OK Rick, how about this:

                I am quite sure that with my own eyes, that have been know to see through the rungs of a ladder, I saw my today's posting of the "Goliath of GRAS" on Coe's ReligiousDebates list. It was my second try, and had the premise to that effect as part of the message.

                Yet, when I just now checked again it was gone...poof!

                So, it is beginning to look like Coe or his surrogate is having a little fun with me; or is simply having trouble operating the list.

                My "test" message, however, remains, for now, on the website.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 24, 2007
                  And this Rick:

                  If you go to the message page:

                  or to the home page at:

                  You will find on the home page that there have been 31 messages for the list; 27 last month and 4 this month. That does equal 31, doesn't it.

                  The messages page also indicates that there are 31 messages, but numbers 29 and 31 are not in the archives.

                  I guess my original post today was posted and deleted before I noticed it in the archives. I then sent my test message and a second posting of my "Goliath". I caught the second "Goliath" in the archives before it was deleted. The test message remains, for now, as post #30.

                  Well, we know how it is with closed groups.

                  Me and my "Goliath of GRAS" still win!

                  The cowards die yet another death!

                  My "Goliath of GRAS", still the one to beat!

                  I wonder what other games Daniel Coe or his surrogate has in store.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 24, 2007
                    "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

                    > And this Rick:
                    >
                    > If you go to the message page:

                    > or to the home page at:

                    > You will find on the home page that there have been
                    > 31 messages for the list; 27 last month and 4 this
                    > month. That does equal 31, doesn't it.
                    >
                    > The messages page also indicates that there are 31
                    > messages, but numbers 29 and 31 are not in the archives.

                    I think you may be on to something there, Robert.

                    > I guess my original post today was posted and deleted
                    > before I noticed it in the archives. I then sent my
                    > test message and a second posting of my "Goliath".
                    > I caught the second "Goliath" in the archives before it
                    > was deleted. The test message remains, for now, as
                    > post #30.

                    As mute testimony that something is, indeed, amiss!

                    > Well, we know how it is with closed groups.

                    Just for the record, I tried again and I'm still banned.
                    They would have had to do that manually, rather than
                    just the click of a mouse button. I feel special!

                    > Me and my "Goliath of GRAS" still win!
                    >
                    > The cowards die yet another death!

                    This is starting to remind me of the collapse of
                    the Soviet Union. At first it was just "Shingles
                    Blowing Off the House of Cards"; now the entire
                    edifice has crumbled and there's nothing left but
                    an empty hull and a bombed-out basement.

                    It's hard to miss the tone of desperation in the most
                    recent posts of Denham, DeLong, and Francis on the
                    CFTF list.

                    > My "Goliath of GRAS", still the one to beat!

                    I was hoping, if you were banned, somebody would
                    actually "come out" and start trying to taunt
                    "Goliath"! It would be interesting if they took
                    "him" underground for a while and tried to give him
                    a good working over!

                    Go ahead, guys! Form a committee! Let's see what
                    you can come up with!

                    > I wonder what other games Daniel Coe or his surrogate
                    > has in store.
                    >
                    > Sincerely,
                    > Robert Baty

                    It's hard to imagine. Nearly every day they do something
                    that I think must be the ultimate display of childishness
                    or hypocrisy, and then they surpass themselves!