Daniel Douglas endorses Robert Baty!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 12:57 PM
      I recall pointing out recently where some members in good standing with David P. Brown and his ContendingFTF list were promoting Dave Miller and his "The Silencing of God" program.

      I have noticed no mention of this issue on the ContendingFTF list and no disciplinary action against such members of that list who were promoting Dave and his program.

      Yet, comes now Daniel Douglas to complain about someone outside the ContendingFTF list doing the same thing!

      Interesting. Here's what Daniel Douglas had to say about it just today, July 4, 2007:

      ContendingFTF
      Message #7410

      From: Daniel Douglas
      To: ContendingFTF list
      Date: July 4, 2007

      (excerpts)

      To the List,

      Thank you to brother John West for making known this information.

      In the June 19, 2007, Volume 34, Number 25, issue of the Forrest Hill News, Forrest Hill church of Christ, 3950 Forest Hill-Irene Rd., Memphis, TN 38125, Home of the Memphis School of Preaching, where certain faculty such as Curtis Cates and Garland Elkins (and perhaps others) who have denounced Dave Miller's r/r elders doctrine teach, brother Barry Grider makes the following announcement:

      > (B)eginning Wednesday,
      > the 4th of July, a special DVD
      > series by Dave Miller entitled,
      > ���The Silencing of God,��� will be
      > shown...

      See this for yourself at:

      http://www.foresthillcofc.org/jun_19_07.pdf

      If this is not an endorsement of Dave Miller, the Re-evaluation and Re-affirmation of Elders doctrine by Dave Miller; the Marriage Intent Doctrine by Dave Miller; and the compromises of Apologetics Press (fellowship with unsound congregations), then would someone on this list please...

      [By the way, Paul did not say "endorse," but rather "reprove them."]

      (Perhaps according to B. Grider's "balance" one may condemn a false doctrine but fellowship those who bring it!)

      Paul did not do a balancing act with the Judaizers in Galatians 2:4-5, and neither should we compromise with error!

      Sincerely,
      Danny Douglas