David P. Brown's and his boys' affirmative, on the table!

    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 1, 2007
      (In the spirit of good faith and cooperation, the July 2, 2007 deadline has been extended indefinitely. It's just too important of a public issue not to allow David P. Brown and his boys a continuing opportunity to explicitly express what they have implied as to their position.)

      Following below is the proposition, Thomas B. Warren-like, that is still on the table for David P. Brown to take up in the proposed
      formal, in writing, for the record discussion.

      David P. Brown should also proceed to negotiate in good faith in order to "get it on", formally, in writing or orally, and for the record.

      Here it is, the indicated affirmative position held by David P. Brown and his boys:

      > We, David P. Brown and
      > the ContendingFTF boys,
      > affirm:

      >> If some thing really
      >> is more than a few
      >> thousand years old,
      >> then the God we believe
      >> in, as represented in
      >> the Bible, does not exist.

      > Affirmed: David P. Brown

      The Boys:

      > Affirmed: Wayne Coats
      > Affirmed: Dub McClish
      > Affirmed: Harrell Davidson

      > Affirmed: Daniel Denham
      > Affirmed: Don DeLong
      > Affirmed: Doug Post
      > Affirmed: Dennis Francis
      > Affirmed: Daniel Coe
      > Affirmed: Keith Sisman
      > Affirmed: Richard Mansel
      > Affirmed: Robin Haley
      > Affirmed: Ken Chumbley
      > Affirmed: Kent Bailey
      > Affirmed: Jerry Brewer
      > Affirmed: Roelff Ruffner
      > Affirmed: Denny Durigan
      > Affirmed: Geoff Litke
      > Affirmed: Daniel Douglas
      > Affirmed: Tim Smith
      > Affirmed: Donald Canny
      > Affirmed: Wayne Blake
      > Affirmed: Bill Rainey
      > Affirmed: Denny Wilson
      > Affirmed: Jimmie Z. Gribble
      > Affirmed: Charles Wallace
      > Affirmed: Robert Collier
      > Affirmed: Michael Wilk
      > Affirmed: Roger Zink
      > Affirmed: Donald Mash
      > Affirmed: Charles Broyles
      > Affirmed: Brian Reagan
      > Affirmed: Richie Baker
      > Affirmed: Gilbert Gough
      > Affirmed: John Miler
      > Affirmed: Kevin Townsend
      > Affirmed: Justin Guess
      > Affirmed: David Hammer
      > Affirmed: Donald R. Fox
      > Affirmed: Johnny Kelton
      > Affirmed: Bruce Stulting
      > Affirmed: Bradley S. Cobb
      > Affirmed: Joe Gannotti
      > Affirmed: Chuck Newell
      > Affirmed: Bill Schwegler
      > Affirmed: Val Jamison
      > Affirmed: Robert Foster
      > Affirmed: Lynn Parker
      > Affirmed: Weldon Blake
      > Affirmed: Dale Miller
      > Affirmed: Jack L. Burch
      > Affirmed: Cody Westbrook
      > Affirmed: "et al"

      If the above is not a correct and accurate description of the position they have been implicitly prosecuting lately, they should respond directly to this list and state
      explicitly their true position on what they believe the consequence is regarding their position IF some thing really is more than a few thousand years old.

      They will then have their name removed from the above and placed appropriately on the legitimate affirmative position as indicated by their response and their explicit denial of the above affirmative.

      In order to respond directly to this list, they simply need to address their e-mail to:

      Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

      P.S. If anyone knows of any public claims (i.e., with Internet links) by the above noted individuals whereby they effectively deny the above affirmative statement, please forward such verifiable references and they will be considered for purposes of determining which individuals may disagree with David P. Brown and agree with me!

      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 1, 2007
        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com,
        "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

        > (In the spirit of good faith and cooperation,
        > the July 2, 2007 deadline has been extended
        > indefinitely. It's just too important of a
        > public issue not to allow David P. Brown and
        > his boys a continuing opportunity to explicitly
        > express what they have implied as to their
        > position.)

        That's mighty longsuffering of you, Robert.

        > Following below is the proposition...
        >
        > > We, David P. Brown and
        > > the ContendingFTF boys,
        > > affirm:
        >
        > >> If some thing really
        > >> is more than a few
        > >> thousand years old,
        > >> then the God we believe
        > >> in, as represented in
        > >> the Bible, does not exist.
        >
        > > Affirmed: David P. Brown
        >
        > The Boys:
        >
        > > Affirmed: ...

        I think you've overlooked John West -- but
        other than that your list seems to be
        complete.

        I think it's quite gentlemanly of you to
        leave "the girls" out of it, by the way.
        They're probably embarrassed enough as it is.

        Rick
        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 2, 2007
          (I have been advised that the list omitted John West. This posting is to reflect the addition of the previously overlooked John West. As a courtesy to the women, they have not been considered as partipants in this study; the "girlie-men" described so aptly by Donald Canny, of the ContendingFTF list, are sufficient to represent the feminine side of things and they are properly included below.)

          In the spirit of good faith and cooperation, the July 2, 2007 deadline has been extended indefinitely. It's just too important of a public issue not to allow David P. Brown and his boys a continuing opportunity to explicitly express what they have implied as to their position.

          Following below is the proposition, Thomas B. Warren-like, that is still on the table for David P. Brown to take up in the proposed
          formal, in writing, for the record discussion.

          David P. Brown should also proceed to negotiate in good faith in order to "get it on", formally, in writing or orally, and for the record.

          Here it is, the indicated affirmative position held by David P. Brown and his boys:

          > We, David P. Brown and
          > the ContendingFTF boys,
          > affirm:

          >> If some thing really
          >> is more than a few
          >> thousand years old,
          >> then the God we believe
          >> in, as represented in
          >> the Bible, does not exist.

          > Affirmed: David P. Brown

          The Boys:

          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 2, 2007
            (To date, there hasn't been any evidence shown that there is a "man" on the ContendingFTF list, including its owner, who will "come out" and explicitly state for the record whether or not they agree with the implicit position espoused by the owner and his boys on that list.)

            In the spirit of good faith and cooperation, the July 2, 2007 deadline has been extended indefinitely.

            It's just too important of a public issue not to allow David P. Brown and his boys a continuing opportunity to explicitly express what they have implied as to their position.

            David P. Brown, or his surrogate champion, should proceed to negotiate in good faith in order to "get it on", formally, in writing or orally, and for the record.

            Following below is the proposition, Thomas B. Warren-like, that is still on the table for David P. Brown to take up in the proposed
            formal, in writing, for the record discussion:

            > We, David P. Brown and
            > the ContendingFTF boys,
            > affirm:

            >> If some thing really
            >> is more than a few
            >> thousand years old,
            >> then the God we believe
            >> in, as represented in
            >> the Bible, does not exist.

            > Affirmed: David P. Brown

            The Boys:

            Message 5 of 26 , Jul 3, 2007
              Daniel Denham is most recently suggesting that it would be immoral
              for David P. Brown and his boys, including Daniel Denham, to
              explicitly admit or deny the propriety of my representation of their
              position as shown below. Daniel Denham further is suggesting that,
              as for himself, he cannot be morally influenced to admit explicitly
              what his position is on this simple, yet important, public issue.

              That's good to know, but it is disappointing to see what are supposed
              to be grown men so clearly evade the issue and insist on remaining in
              hiding on the ContendingFTF list.

              To date, there hasn't been any evidence shown that there is a "man"
              on the ContendingFTF list, including its owner, who will "come out"
              and explicitly state for the record whether or not they agree with
              the implicit position espoused by the owner and his boys on that list.

              In the spirit of good faith and cooperation, the July 2, 2007
              deadline has been extended indefinitely.

              It's just too important of a public issue not to allow David P. Brown
              and his boys a continuing opportunity to explicitly express what they
              have implied as to their position.

              David P. Brown, or his surrogate champion, should proceed to
              negotiate in good faith in order to "get it on", formally, in writing
              or orally, and for the record.

              Following below is the proposition, Thomas B. Warren-like, that is
              still on the table for David P. Brown to take up in the proposed
              formal, in writing, for the record discussion:

              > We, David P. Brown and
              > the ContendingFTF boys,
              > affirm:

              >> If some thing really
              >> is more than a few
              >> thousand years old,
              >> then the God we believe
              >> in, as represented in
              >> the Bible, does not exist.

              > Affirmed: David P. Brown

              The Boys:

              -----------------------
              -----------------------
              Message 6 of 26 , Jul 3, 2007
                (Updated to remove Cody Westbrook's name from the list. While believing the earth is only a few thousand years old, Cody does not want to take a position on what the consequence might be "IF" the earth were more than a few thousand years old. He specifically does not want to join with David P. Brown and his boys in affirming the following proposition/argument.)

                Daniel Denham is most recently suggesting that it would be immoral for David P. Brown and his boys, including Daniel Denham, to explicitly admit or deny the propriety of my representation of their
                position as shown below. Daniel Denham further is suggesting that, as for himself, he cannot be morally influenced to admit explicitly what his position is on this simple, yet important, public issue.

                That's good to know, but it is disappointing to see what are supposed to be grown men so clearly evade the issue and insist on remaining in hiding on the ContendingFTF list.

                To date, there hasn't been any evidence shown that there is a "man" on the ContendingFTF list, including its owner, who will "come out" and explicitly state for the record whether or not they agree with
                the implicit position espoused by the owner and his boys on that list.

                David P. Brown, or his surrogate champion, should proceed to negotiate in good faith in order to "get it on", formally, in writing
                or orally, and for the record.

                Following below is the proposition, Thomas B. Warren-like, that is still on the table for David P. Brown to take up in the proposed
                formal, in writing, for the record discussion:

                > We, David P. Brown and
                > the ContendingFTF boys,
                > affirm:

                >> If some thing really
                >> is more than a few
                >> thousand years old,
                >> then the God we believe
                >> in, as represented in
                >> the Bible, does not exist.

                > Affirmed: David P. Brown

                The Boys:

                Message 7 of 26 , Jul 5, 2007
                  (Daniel Denham is again making like he can't find the table over here. So, here it is again for reference and response in prepartation of the proposal formal, in writing or orally, for the record discussion.)

                  To date, there hasn't been any evidence shown that there is a "man" on the ContendingFTF list, including its owner, who will "come out" and explicitly state for the record whether or not they agree with
                  the implicit position espoused by the owner and his boys on that list.

                  David P. Brown, or his surrogate champion, should proceed to negotiate in good faith in order to "get it on", formally, in writing
                  or orally, and for the record.

                  Following below is the proposition, Thomas B. Warren-like, that is still on the table for David P. Brown to take up in the proposed
                  formal, in writing, for the record discussion:

                  > We, David P. Brown and
                  > the ContendingFTF boys,
                  > affirm:

                  >> If some thing really
                  >> is more than a few
                  >> thousand years old,
                  >> then the God we believe
                  >> in, as represented in
                  >> the Bible, does not exist.

                  > Affirmed: David P. Brown

                  The Boys:

                  Message 8 of 26 , Jul 5, 2007
                    To the ContendingFTF list
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ContendingFTF/message/7422

                    Daniel Denham writes:

                    Challenge Still On The Table

                    > List,
                    >
                    > It has been a few days since Robert Baty, Todd Greene,
                    > and/or Rick Hartzog popped out of their hidey-hole to
                    > approach the subject of debate on the existence of God.
                    >
                    > The challenge to Todd, who is the "champion" for Baty
                    > and Hartzog, is still on the table. Where are they?
                    > Wherever they're hiding, they obviously do not wish to
                    > deal with the most important issue or subject man has
                    > ever had to contemplate -- the question of the existence
                    > of God.
                    >
                    > If God does not exist, as Todd claims, then everything
                    > is academic. Nothing really matters, and there are no
                    > real, objective moral absolutes: for no real, objective
                    > moral standard would exist. But if God does exist, which
                    > is the truth, then the Three Stooges of Todd, Baty, and
                    > Hartzog are in real trouble.
                    >
                    > Daniel Denham

                    Why are Robert and Rick in trouble?

                    Let it be once again noted that the only reason David
                    P. Brown and his little amanuensis, Daniel Denham, want
                    to pretend they are interested in debating the existence
                    of God is because they are so ashamed of their inability
                    to defend their young-earth doctrine.

                    Todd is the "champion" for Robert and Rick on the following
                    proposition, of which Daniel Denham is fully aware:

                    > We, David P. Brown and
                    > the ContendingFTF boys,
                    > affirm:

                    >> If some thing really
                    >> is more than a few
                    >> thousand years old,
                    >> then the God we believe
                    >> in, as represented in
                    >> the Bible, does not exist.

                    > Affirm: David P. Brown??
                    > Affirm: "the boys"??

                    {> Deny: Robert Baty}
                    {> Deny: Rick Hartzog}

                    This proposition was last posted by Robert Baty on
                    July 4 at 6:17 am. It has been posted repeatedly,
                    not only here on the Maury_and_Baty list but now on
                    Daniel Coe's "Religious Debates" list as well.

                    Where is David P. Brown? Where are "the boys"?

                    Why have they not shown up over here on this wide
                    open, easily accessible "hidey-hole" to accept the
                    proposition and finalize the arrangements for a
                    public, written, for-the-record debate?

                    The proposition was again posted on July 5 at 6:28 am:

                    > We, David P. Brown and
                    > the ContendingFTF boys,
                    > affirm:

                    >> If some thing really
                    >> is more than a few
                    >> thousand years old,
                    >> then the God we believe
                    >> in, as represented in
                    >> the Bible, does not exist.

                    > Affirm: David P. Brown??
                    > Affirm: "the boys"??

                    {> Deny: Robert Baty}
                    {> Deny: Rick Hartzog}

                    Where is David P. Brown? Where are "the boys"?

                    What seems to be the big hold-up?

                    Is there something about the proposition they don't
                    like? That *is* their position, isn't it? Isn't
                    that exactly what they have been "implicitly" claiming
                    all along -- that if the Universe and everything in it,
                    including the Earth, is not less than a few thousand
                    years old then the whole thing is "academic"?

                    It sure is!

                    As David P. Brown, Daniel Denham, Donald Canny and
                    several others have asked, "Why will they not defend
                    what they profess so earnestly to believe?"

                    We wonder!

                    As Daniel Denham now writes:

                    > Wherever they're hiding, they obviously do not wish to
                    > deal with the most important issue or subject man has
                    > ever had to contemplate -- the question of the existence
                    > of God.

                    Come on out, David P. Brown! Come on out, "boys"!

                    You claim that yours, and yours alone, is the faith that
                    was once delivered to the saints. Now *contend* for it!

                    Earnestly,

                    Rick Hartzog
                    Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism

                    Message 9 of 26 , Jul 5, 2007
                      --- In ContendingFTF, Daniel Denham wrote (post #7422):
                      > It has been a few days

                      That's Lie #1 by Daniel.

                      All you have to do is look at the "Maury_and_Baty" discussion group
                      to see that this is not just a lie by Daniel, but it's extremely
                      blatant.

                      > since Robert Baty,
                      > Todd Greene, and/or Rick Hartzog popped out of their
                      > hidey-hole

                      It isn't a hidey-hole. It is the Contending For Tendentious Fallacies
                      guys who have discussion groups that are purposely closed, because
                      they have the three monkeys syndrome (self-imposed blindness,
                      deafness, and dumbness). They NEED their little self-created insular
                      world to try to minimize the cognitive dissonance. Quite contrary to
                      that, the "Maury_and_Baty" discussion group is an open discussion
                      group.

                      So that's Lie #2 by Daniel.

                      > to approach the
                      > subject of debate on the existence of God.

                      While Robert and Rick have both made tangential comments about
                      atheism, neither one of them are involved in discussing the subject
                      of atheism, but are discussing other topics. I'm the only one
                      discussing the subject of atheism, and the only reason this subject
                      was brought up in the first place is because Daniel Denham and some
                      of the other Contending For Tendentious Fallacies deliberately used
                      bluffing blustering comments about atheism debate as a diversionary
                      rhetorical tactic to CHANGE THE SUBJECT because they are so
                      embarassed about their own belief in young earth creationism they
                      wanted to run away from discussing it. (And don't think Don DeLong
                      has done anything of the sort, because he has not in any way
                      discussed the scientific failures of young earth creationism either.)

                      So Daniel's comment tying Robert and Rick to discussion of atheism is
                      Lie #3.

                      > The challenge to
                      > Todd, who is the "champion" for Baty and Hartzog,

                      I have no idea what this is even supposed to mean. Going by his
                      record, I strongly suspect this is lie #4 but I'm just not sure yet,
                      so we'll call this one Lie #4(alpha).

                      > is still on the table. Where are they?

                      There is no "they." Robert and Rick are not discussing the subject of
                      atheism. So this is Lie #4.

                      > Wherever they're hiding,

                      This is Lie #5.

                      I'm not hiding anywhere. Indeed, I'm the one who made the last
                      contributions to the discussion of atheism,

                      Re: The "Transcendental Argument" for God
                      by Todd Greene (July 1, 2007)

                      pointing out numerous errors and fallacies (and lies) made by Daniel
                      Denham, and we've been waiting patiently for Daniel to return with
                      some kind of response attempting to deal with the many problems
                      pointed out, but he has failed to respond to that post of mine.

                      So now we see that Daniel's "response" is to RUN AWAY from the
                      discussion by simply lying to everyone to pretend that I'm the one
                      who ran away from the discussion.

                      Oh, yes, Daniel seriously loves this particular lie. He uses it all
                      the time. Rather than even try to deal with the arguments and
                      criticisms presented to him, he runs from them by deceitfully
                      pretending they don't exist. We seriously do not think Daniel has
                      Alzheimer's disease or is quite this incredibly stupid, it's just
                      that his lies make it appear this way.

                      Note that I also wrote this related post

                      Comments on theism/atheism, young earth creationism debate
                      by Todd Greene (July 1, 2007)

                      that no one in the Contending For Tendentious Fallacies group has
                      acknowledged the existence of either.

                      > they obviously do
                      > not wish to deal with the most important issue or subject
                      > man has ever had to contemplate -- the question of the
                      > existence of God.

                      A deceitful statement based on the lie just pointed out.

                      Again, I've been discussing the subject. The ball is in Daniel's
                      court. But rather than deal with it we see he has now chosen to
                      ignore my discussion and then lie to everyone by pretending I haven't
                      been discussing it.

                      > If God does not
                      > exist, as Todd claims, then everything is academic.

                      This is just a stupid statement. Actions have consequences,
                      regardless of a person's religious beliefs. If you eat food, you
                      live. If you don't eat food, after awhile you die. If you drink
                      poison, it will kill you. If you jump off a cliff, gravity works the
                      same for EVERYONE, regardless of a person's religious beliefs or lack
                      of them.

                      This point has been made to Daniel previously, numerous times. But we
                      see here that he has chosen to deliberately ignore this point. This
                      is because he is incapable of dealing with reality in his rhetoric.
                      His position is a fantasy, which is why adherence to his fantasy
                      requires him to make stuff up all the time.

                      > Nothing really matters,

                      As just pointed out, this is a false statement.

                      > and there are
                      > no real, objective moral absolutes: for no real, objective
                      > moral standard would exist.

                      Morality is only as objective as the objective consequences of
                      actions in the real world.

                      Notice that Daniel himself is demonstrating for us HIS so-
                      called "objective" morality, which consists in lying to people and
                      making up his own human-imposed rules based on his unjustified (and
                      false) fantasies and his head.

                      > But if God
                      > does exist, which is the truth, then the Three Stooges of
                      > Todd, Baty, and Hartzog are in real trouble.

                      Here we see Daniel again stating one lie based on his previous lie of
                      tying Robert and Rick into atheism. Robert and Rick are not atheists,
                      pure and simple. Every single time Daniel pretends otherwise he is
                      lying.

                      So this is lie #6.

                      In regard to the relevance of belief in God to empirical facts,
                      everyone knows that NO MATTER WHAT A PERSON BELIEVES ABOUT ANY GOD(S)
                      THE EMPIRICAL FACTS ARE THE SAME FOR EVERYONE. The Earth orbits the
                      Sun, not the other way around. The facts of geological science (such
                      as, for example, the specific physical geologic features observed at
                      the Grand Canyon) are what they are FOR EVERYONE, and whether they
                      like strawberry ice cream or hate it IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE
                      FACTS. Whether a person believes in Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva, or Ra
                      and Isis, or Allah, or Yahweh DOES NOT MAKE A BIT OF DIFFERENCE.

                      This specific point has been explicitly pointed out to Daniel
                      NUMEROUS TIMES, yet he completely ignores this point, and then states
                      lies based on his deliberately ignoring the facts.

                      So this makes Lie #7.

                      Daniel Denham is seriously afflicted with the three monkeys syndrome,
                      in which he himself covers his eyes, stops up his ears, and refuses
                      to tell the truth. This is how he demonstrates for everyone how his
                      position is completely incapable of dealing rationally with reality.

                      - Todd Greene
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jul 5, 2007
                        Rick, you properly provided the context for your post with the following:

                        > Let it be once again noted
                        > that the only reason David
                        > P. Brown and his little
                        > amanuensis, Daniel Denham,
                        > want to pretend they are
                        > interested in debating the
                        > existence of God is because
                        > they are so ashamed of their
                        > inability to defend their
                        > young-earth doctrine.

                        We might add to that some specifics:

                        > Equivocation fallacy

                        > Seeing through the
                        > rungs of a ladder

                        > Genuine hypothetical syllogisms

                        > Donald Canny's Baty claim

                        > Fools

                        > "Goliath of GRAS"

                        > etc., etc., etc.,

                        So ashamed are they of their position and their behavior, they won't even show up on their own Daniel Coe's ReligiousDebates list where my "Goliath of GRAS" has been patiently awaiting the arrival of "one" of them!

                        I'll also repeat here, Rick, the following "on the table" proposal that David P. Brown has championed for his boys; which proposal Todd S. Greene has volunteered to take up in a formal, in writing or orally, for the record discussion:

                        > We, David P. Brown and
                        > the ContendingFTF boys,
                        > affirm:

                        >> If some thing really
                        >> is more than a few
                        >> thousand years old,
                        >> then the God we believe
                        >> in, as represented in
                        >> the Bible, does not exist.

                        > Affirm: David P. Brown
                        > Affirm: "Brown's boys" (see list)

                        > Deny: Robert Baty
                        > Deny: Rick Hartzog

                        Yep, David P. Brown and his boys are still under the table. We "plead" with them to "come out" and "let us reason TOGETHER".

                        Here's how I see the proposed discussion developing.

                        --------------------------

                        Todd S. Greene's argument as accepted by David P. Brown and his boys:

                        Major Premise:

                        > If some thing really is more
                        > than a few thousand years
                        > old, then the God David P.
                        > Brown and his boys believe
                        > in, as represented in the
                        > Bible, does not exist.

                        Minor Premise:

                        > Some thing really
                        > is more than a few
                        > thousand years old.

                        Conclusion:

                        > Therefore, the God David
                        > P. Brown and his boys
                        > believe in, as represented
                        > in the Bible, does not exist.

                        David P. Brown's argument as accepted by Todd S. Greene:

                        Major Premise:

                        > If some thing really is more
                        > than a few thousand years
                        > old, then the God we believe
                        > in, as represented in the
                        > Bible, does not exist.

                        Minor Premise:

                        > The God we believe in,
                        > as represented in the
                        > Bible, does exist.

                        Conclusion:

                        > Therefore, nothing is
                        > more than a few
                        > thousand years old.

                        ----------------------------

                        My further comments:

                        It couldn't get any better than that, could it!

                        Todd gets to deal with the evidence of age, and Brown gets his evidence of God issue to discuss (see minor premise of each argument).

                        Isn't that what they both wanted?

                        You are welcome! :o)

                        David P. Brown complained about his boys, and by implication his, inability to make an argument and/or deal with one when coming face to face with one.

                        We are inclined to agree as these discussions have shown.

                        I have, as the really good debaters have said, done half the work for them!

                        I've set forth the arguments for both sides!

                        You are welcome! :o)

                        Todd is prepared to proceed in negotiating the logistics for presenting the actual defense and rebuttal as to both sides; preferably in writing in order to insure the best presentations and the widest possible distribution of this "landmark" discussion.

                        Why do Daniel Denham, David P. Brown and the boys remain under the table?

                        Besides their inability to openly and honestly deal with their Dr. Fox position and inability to openly and honestly admit their real position regarding "young-earth, creation-science", it is because they know they are wrong!

                        David P. Brown was right in making a point to preach that, in such cases, neither he nor his boys are likely to be able to quit themselves like men and admit, explain and correct themselves.

                        (If that's not why Brown and the boys remain in hiding, then let them bring Brown out to champion their cause as has been represented here without a dissenting voice being heard.)

                        We "plead" with them still to "come out" and "let us reason TOGETHER".

                        P.S. I understand that I am only a facilitator in these unofficial discussions as to the proposed discussion between Todd S. Greene and David P. Brown. They are free to work out their own mutually agreeable propositions and logistics for any such discussion as might "evolve" from my feeble efforts.

                        For myself, and quite independent of Greene's position and Brown's position , I'm sticking with my "Goliath of GRAS", as I think Rick Hartzog is as well.

                        Message 11 of 26 , Jul 5, 2007
                          Todd,

                          Our posts just crossed in cyberspace.

                          So, when you get a chance, you might want to comment on my latest
                          proposals regarding arguments and propositions for that discussion
                          with David P. Brown and my representation of you as related thereto.

                          Here's the link:

                          --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Todd S. Greene" <greeneto@...>

                          Message 12 of 26 , Jul 5, 2007
                            --- In Maury_and_Baty, Robert Baty wrote (post #11002):
                            > Todd,
                            >
                            > Our posts just crossed in cyberspace.
                            >
                            > So, when you get a chance, you might want to comment on
                            > my latest proposals...

                            These are my standard ones:

                            | Proposition #1:
                            | The empirical evidence shows that the Earth has
                            | been in existence longer than one hundred
                            | thousand (100,000) years.
                            |
                            | Affirm: Todd S. Greene
                            | Deny: David P. Brown?
                            |
                            | Proposition #2:
                            | The empirical evidence shows that the Universe
                            | has been in existence longer than one hundred
                            | thousand (100,000) years.
                            |
                            | Affirm: Todd S. Greene
                            | Deny: David P. Brown?
                            |
                            | Proposition #3:
                            | The empirical evidence shows that the Earth is
                            | less than one hundred thousand (100,000) years
                            | old.
                            |
                            | Affirm: David P. Brown?
                            | Deny: Todd S Greene
                            |
                            | Proposition #4:
                            | The empirical evidence shows that the Universe
                            | is less than one hundred thousand (100,000)
                            | years old.
                            |
                            | Affirm: David P. Brown?
                            | Deny: Todd S. Greene

                            Of course, as all of us already know (including the ContendingFTF
                            young earth creationists!) they will not discuss the relevant science
                            (as they've been showing everyone), but will run away from discussing
                            the science because - even as they themselves have occasionally let
                            slip out in their own rhetoric - they're advocating the "We don't
                            need no stinkin' evidence" position.

                            In regard to the arguments that "If the world is ancient, then the
                            Bible isn't God's Word" or "If the world is ancient, then God doesn't
                            exist," what we have observe about these Contending For Tendentious
                            Fallacies guys is that they are utterly incapable of engaging in
                            rational discussion. All the time they're making statements that are
                            based on (i.e., implying) these very premises, but every single time
                            we point out these logical premises of their rhetoric THEY RUN AWAY
                            and will not deal with the logical premises of their rhetoric. (And
                            then these guys who are incapable of dealing with simple, basic logic
                            have the audacity to say that we're the ones with the numb skulls!!!
                            The obtuse irrationality of the young earth creationist mind never
                            ceases to amaze me.) The fact that when presented with rational
                            argument/criticism these guys either just clam right up (a recent
                            example is Skip Francis clamming up about his "moon recession"
                            argument after being presenting with numerous errors about it), or
                            deliberately lie that we never even discussed a subject (as Daniel
                            Denham and Don DeLong love to do), or merely condemn people to
                            roasting in fire eternally for disagreeing with them (as they all do;
                            preachers, you know, confusing their thoughts with being God's
                            thoughts; occupational hazard?), demonstrates their awareness of the
                            fact that they cannot sustain their position using reason and the
                            facts. In other words, they know they can't sustain their position by
                            the truth, because if they knew they could, that's what they'd be
                            doing.

                            - Todd Greene
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jul 5, 2007
                              --- In ContendingFTF, Daniel Denham wrote (post #7429):
                              > List,
                              >
                              > Todd "Larry, Neville Chamberlain, the Self-admitted Phoney,
                              > Agnostic Pretending To Be An Atheist, Chuckles, Steve
                              > Heiden" Greene

                              The lies of Daniel Denham continue as he spews his standard
                              irrelevant ad hominem insults (and has the audacity to call himself
                              a "moral Christian"!)

                              > has popped up
                              > for air from his hidey-hole

                              Lie #2 from Daniel Denham, already pointed out.

                              > and still not
                              > ready to defend his atheism in public debate

                              Lie #3 from Daniel Denham.

                              Notice how he keeps right on lying to people even after his distinct
                              error has been explicitly pointed out to him. Deceit is Daniel's
                              standard rhetorical method.

                              > -- probably afraid that
                              > it would offend Moe and Curly, who have endorsed him as
                              > their "chumpion."

                              Futher irrelevant ad hominem insults based on the previously stated
                              lie.

                              > Ostensibly, he seeks
                              > to document my "many lies,"

                              Indeed, they are documented. That's the point.

                              > but this is
                              > the same Todd Greene who has admitted and boasted
                              > about lying in the Steve Heiden affair,

                              Which, of course, is completely irrelevant to the facts at hand. But
                              this is Daniel Denham we're talking about, who seeks to use deception
                              at every hand, such as red herring rhetoric, to try to distract away
                              from his many problems.

                              > which he has
                              > even chronicled on his own website to show the depths to
                              > which he will go to justify in his own mind blatant
                              > dishonesty on his own part.

                              Further irrelevant red herring by the deceitful Daniel Denham that he
                              uses for the deliberate purpose of evading the facts that are
                              relevant to discussion. The nonexistence of the Steve Heiden
                              character is completely irrelevant to the facts of discussion, Daniel
                              Denham knows this (which is why he diligently runs away from even
                              discussing the relevant facts by wasting time on irrelevant remarks
                              about the nonexistence of the Steve Heiden character).

                              > Liberals are good
                              > at that.

                              Another beautiful example of red herring rhetoric, in this case also
                              called "red-baiting." Daniel loves to use many of the basic fallacies
                              of rhetoric that students learn about in high school.

                              > Lying is always
                              > evil, except when they do it, because they have "noble"
                              > aims in doing it.

                              So says the man who is lying right now, and lying about the very
                              facts that are actually relevant to what he's talking about.

                              > It's also fascinating
                              > that an atheist would accuse someone else of doing what
                              > his (the atheist's) position says implicitly is impossible

                              Here we see Daniel introducing a new claim. Notice that he merely
                              ASSERTS it, but doesn't even attempt to explain it. As we have
                              already observed, Daniel rarely attempts to explain anything, because
                              he makes such a mess of it when he tries, so he relies on merely
                              making assertions over and over and over and over again, without
                              explaining why they are supposed to be so (in terms of logic), or
                              whether, if they do happen to make logical sense, there is any
                              evidence to subtantiated them. This is called argument-by-
                              insinuation, which young earth creationists use routinely.

                              > -- to commit real,
                              > objective moral evil.

                              Notice that poor Daniel cannot even figure out the difference between
                              on ontological claim and a moral claim. And this man pretends to be
                              able to carry out philosophical discussion.

                              Whether a lie is a moral evil or not is IRRELEVANT to whether or not
                              a statement is a lie. A statement is a lie simply because (1) it is
                              not true, and the (2) the person promoting it knows it isn't true yet
                              continues to promote it for the purpose of leading people to believe
                              it and support him in his lie. The fact of what it is is completely
                              independent of considerations of whether or not a lie is a moral evil.

                              Additionally, Daniel's comment is a complete red herring on another
                              level, which is simply that whether or not *I* think it's
                              an "objective moral evil" is completely irrelevant. What IS relevant
                              is that DANIEL THINKS IT'S AN OBJECTIVE MORAL EVIL, AS HE HAS JUST
                              STATED, YET IT IS HE WHO IS LYING LEFT AND RIGHT. Thus does he
                              demonstrate his hypocrisy.

                              > Todd does not
                              > seem to realize that even in making his charge he
                              > implicitly repudiates atheism,

                              Oooooo, how impressive, another argument by assertion with no logical
                              explanation. In other words, standard baseless rhetoric from Daniel
                              Denham.

                              > just as when
                              > he attempts to resort to reason to get folks to change
                              > their minds and become reprobate atheists just like he
                              > is.

                              Daniel already lost that argument. Indeed, he lost it so badly that
                              he ran away from the discussion and is now deceitfully pretending
                              that the discussion never took place.

                              > Well, again, go,
                              > figure. Todd is also a self-admitted fool,

                              Another lie by Daniel Denham. I am an atheist, and Daniel - as usual -
                              uses another fallacy, argument from authority (i.e., no reasoning to
                              back it up).

                              Of course, Daniel demonstrates the utter foolishness of his rhetoric
                              in almost every post he writes.

                              > and even Rick
                              > Hartzog has acknowledge that as well by implication.

                              Yes, more irrational rhetoric from Daniel. He can't make a rational
                              argument, and knows it, so continues to fill up his posts with
                              irrational nonsense.

                              > Todd, the challenge
                              > is still on the table to debate the existence of God.

                              And I've been discussing and debating the existence of God. But the
                              truth about this obviously doesn't matter to Daniel, because no
                              matter what the facts are he's going to lie about it, as he has been
                              showing us.

                              > The only requested
                              > email I want from you is your agreement to affirm
                              > "Resolved: I (Todd Greene) know that God does not
                              > exist."

                              This is a false representation of the atheistic position. I have
                              pointed this out to Daniel AT LEAST a dozen times now, but the truth
                              about this obviously doesn't matter to Daniel, because no matter what
                              the facts are he's going to lie about it, as he has been showing us.

                              > Otherwise, your responses
                              > will continue to be reported for what they are -- 100%
                              > spam from a self-confessed liar.

                              And so does the lying Daniel Denham continue in his deceitful ways.

                              Now, here's the real deal. The facts of the public record are
                              obvious, and there are a number of individuals of the ContendingFTF
                              group who know that Daniel is lying about these things, YET THEY
                              REMAIN SILENT AND IMPLICITLY SUPPORT THE DECEITFUL WAYS OF DANIEL
                              DENHAM. This is how they, too, demonstrate their hypocrisy.

                              Keep in mind that the whole reason these ContendingFTF guys wanted to
                              CHANGE THE SUBJECT to atheism, including David P. Brown and Don
                              DeLong, as well as Daniel Denham, was precisely because they are so
                              embarrassed about their own belief in young earth creationism that
                              they want to evade any critical discussion of it.

                              Here are some of my posts that Daniel is with his rhetoric
                              deceitfully pretending don't exist:

                              Let's see if they can possibly comprehend the meaning of atheism
                              by Todd Greene (Jun. 24, 2007)

                              Daniel Denham is every which way, and loose!
                              by Todd Greene (Jun. 25, 2007)

                              A Short Explanation of the Agnostic Position
                              by Todd Greene (Jun. 26, 2007)

                              The Meaning Of Atheism
                              by Todd Greene (Jun. 26, 2007)

                              Re: The Meaning Of Atheism
                              by Todd Greene (Jun. 27, 2007)

                              Re: The Meaning Of Atheism
                              by Todd Greene (Jun. 27, 2007)

                              Re: The syndrome afflicting David Brown
                              by Todd Greene (Jun. 28, 2007)

                              Daniel Denham lies about correction of misrepresentation...
                              by Todd Greene (Jun. 28, 2007)

                              Daniel Denham lies about correction of misrepresentation...
                              by Todd Greene (Jun. 29, 2007)

                              Re: The Meaning Of Atheism
                              by Todd Greene (Jun. 29, 2007)

                              The "Transcendental Argument" for God
                              by Todd Greene (Jun. 30, 2007)

                              Re: The "Transcendental Argument" for God
                              by Todd Greene (Jul. 1, 2007)

                              Message 14 of 26 , Jul 6, 2007
                                --- In ContendingFTF, Daniel Denham wrote (post #7437):
                                > Wayne and List,
                                >
                                > Notice Todd's attempted response to the point that if
                                > God does not exist, then anything goes -- it's all
                                > academic.
                                >
                                > Todd partially quotes from me: "If God does not
                                > exist, as Todd claims, then everything is academic."
                                >
                                > He then adds: "This is just a stupid statement. Actions
                                > have consequences, regardless of a person's religious
                                > beliefs. If you eat food, you live. If you don't eat
                                > food, after awhile you die. If you drink poison, it will
                                > kill you. If you jump off a cliff, gravity works the
                                > same for EVERYONE, regardless of a person's religious
                                > beliefs or lack of them."
                                >
                                > Maybe Todd will indulge us with proof of a real,
                                > objective moral standard that exists separate and
                                > apart from individual humans or groups of humans.
                                > Let him produce it! How does he know that murder is
                                > wrong, for example.

                                Uh... There is no morality separate and apart from human beings. If
                                human beings don't exist, morality doesn't exist. If there aren't any
                                human, there can't be any murder.

                                Duh.

                                By the way, how does Daniel Denham know that murdering babies and
                                children is wrong? Bear in mind that this man advocates a religious
                                book that teaches that God commanded the murder of babies and
                                children.

                                Daniel's current rhetoric about morality is based on a completely
                                false premise. I noticed him use the phrase "objective moral
                                standard" - pretending that he has one in his possession. In fact, he
                                does NOT possess an objective moral standard, so the man in this
                                discussion who has the problem of "it's all academic" is the man
                                who's using an abstract concept that he himself does not possess.

                                > That is what
                                > I had reference to in the context of the statement he
                                > quotes and then tries to attack.

                                I didn't "try" to attack it, I even gave specific examples proving
                                that the statement was wrong. I have zero doubt that henceforth
                                Daniel will ignore what I pointed out, ignore my examples, then lie
                                that I never even addressed this point, and then deceitfully continue
                                to misrepresent my position. This is the deceitful Daniel Denham
                                we're dealing with, and this is his standard operating procedure.

                                > I was dealing
                                > with the question of real, objective moral evil.

                                Nice try at distraction. It doesn't matter what he was dealing with,
                                what he did was make a stupid statement misrepresenting my position.

                                > How does he
                                > know that it exists?

                                Who said that it does? Keep in mind that Daniel promotes belief in a
                                God who commands the murder of babies and children.

                                > What standard tells
                                > him so?

                                What standard tells Daniel that it's perfectly okay for a god to
                                command the murder of babies and children?

                                > Wait and see
                                > if you get a clear, unequivocal response.

                                We know we won't. I bet another 58 quatloos that Daniel Denham will
                                RUN AWAY from this question and pretend it was never asked. This is
                                because Daniel's whole argument is based on the false premise that he
                                possesses an objective moral standard when the fact of the matter is
                                that he doesn't have anything of the sort.

                                Hey, Daniel, is slavery a sin?

                                Quote the verse.

                                Hey, Daniel, what makes it okay for your god to command the murder of
                                babies and children?

                                Please explain more about this "objective moral standard" of yours.

                                > I suspect his
                                > silence will be deafening.

                                I know it won't. But as far as Daniel's rhetoric is concerned it
                                won't matter, because as we have already seen Daniel will just
                                deliberately ignore the existence of the posts and then lie to people
                                to deceitfully pretend that I didn't write anything on the subject -
                                just as I've written at least a dozen posts in just the last several
                                days, yet he's been lying to people pretending that those don't exist.

                                > If he does
                                > determine to try and touch it, it'll come back to bite
                                > him ten times over.

                                We've already begun to see what has bitten whom. Not to mention the
                                simple fact that the guy touting an "object moral standard" is the
                                guy lying left and right about almost everything involved in
                                discussion.

                                > Let him deal with real, objective evil and come up with
                                > evidence of a standard demanding that such does in fact
                                > exist. Jean-Paul Sartre, an atheist and an existential
                                > philosopher, stated expressly, "If God does not exist,
                                > anything goes."

                                Actually, according to Daniel's God anything does go, including the
                                murder of babies and children, the taking of virgin girls for sexual
                                pleasures, and the enslavement of fellow human beings, among many
                                other atrocities.

                                > Let Todd address
                                > the real point, rather than trying to misdirect people from
                                > it, which is really all an atheist, who is determined to be
                                > dishonest about his position can really do!

                                This is funny, seeing a red herring chef such as Daniel Denham
                                pretend I'll misdirect anyone away from anything. What makes it even
                                funnier is the fact that this very post of Daniel's that I'm
                                responding to is for the purpose of changing the subject and not
                                dealing with the problems of the Transcendental Argument that I
                                already pointed out (you know, the posts I made that Daniel is now
                                lying to people that I didn't write them).

                                This is another one of Daniel's standard operating procedures. Lie
                                about previous discussion, and then RUN AWAY by changing the subject.

                                > That is why
                                > he does not want to debate the existence of God

                                And there's that lie again.

                                > -- the most important
                                > issue man has ever confronted.

                                Ooooo... How dramatic.

                                Did anyone catch the STANDARD FALLACY inherent in this piece of
                                rhetoric?

                                It's more commonly known as "Pascal's Wager."

                                > He would have to face some ugly truths about what he
                                > believes and why he believes it. That he will not do.

                                Here is where Daniel must be explaining to everyone why he refuses to
                                engage in rational discussion.

                                - Todd Greene
                                Message 15 of 26 , Jul 6, 2007
                                  (adapted from Daniel Denham's comments on the
                                  ChristianEvidences list):

                                  List,

                                  "Moe" (Robert Baty) and "Curly" (Rick Hartzog) must really be
                                  unhappy with Daniel Denham's performance in this discussion --
                                  they keep wanting to jump in and help him out of the morass
                                  he has made of his attempts at discussing "objective" morals
                                  that exist "separate and apart from individual humans or
                                  groups of humans". Well, that's just tough. Denham is stuck
                                  in a swamp of his own making. I suspect we shall soon see
                                  him try to change the subject away from "objective" evil now
                                  that he sees the impossibility of his position. Indeed, it
                                  is quite amusing to watch Moe's and Curly's embarrassment at
                                  the mess their fellow theist has gotten them into.

                                  Chuckling still,
                                  "Larry"
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jul 6, 2007
                                    And now Doug Post wants to jump into the conversation, as
                                    if he had something to say: it is "objectively" wrong to
                                    exploit children for sex:

                                    Re: Notice Atheism's Stupidity

                                    > Daniel,
                                    >
                                    > True Humanists, who are Athiests, and in large part
                                    > Communists, must believe that there are no moral
                                    > absolutes in order for them to rule out any Divine or
                                    > Supernatural being, yet they cannot remain consistent.
                                    > Some of these folks have argued there is nothing
                                    > inherently evil with child molestation but only that
                                    > the evolving norms of the culture set the standard.
                                    > But, what of the culture of homosexuals such as NAMBLA (??)
                                    > who advocate the legalization of child sex? There is a
                                    > growing population among the homosexual community,
                                    > worldwide, actually pushing for this - at least for
                                    > having the age of consent at the age of 10. I wonder if
                                    > the 3 stooges find anything inherently evil about this
                                    > matter?
                                    >
                                    > doug post

                                    Why don't you ask Bert Thompson, Doug?

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jul 6, 2007
                                      (To reflect that Wayne Blake will be included as an affirmative with David P. Brown until such time as Wayne might provide his explicit claims denying such a position and what alternative position he might actually hold.)

                                      Following is the proposition, Thomas B. Warren-like, that is still on the table for David P. Brown to take up in the proposed
                                      formal, in writing, for the record discussion:

                                      > We, David P. Brown and
                                      > the ContendingFTF boys,
                                      > affirm:

                                      >> If some thing really
                                      >> is more than a few
                                      >> thousand years old,
                                      >> then the God we believe
                                      >> in, as represented in
                                      >> the Bible, does not exist.

                                      > Affirmed: David P. Brown

                                      The Boys:

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Jul 9, 2007
                                        Thus does the deceitful Daniel Denham continue to blatantly lie about
                                        this matter, just as he has blatantly lied about so many other
                                        matters. Daniel keeps falsely pretending that this post I wrote,
                                        which is a matter of public record, doesn't exist. Now, I know that
                                        he personally knows I wrote that, because when he started lying about
                                        them I immediately notified him of them by personal email. (I also
                                        happen to know that many other members of the ContendingFTF list,
                                        including David P. Brown, are aware of this particular post. Yet NOT
                                        A SINGLE ONE has pointed out Daniel's error to him. So we note here
                                        the fact these all of these people have made themselves complicit in
                                        deliberate deception.)

                                        Comments on theism/atheism, young earth creationism debate
                                        by Todd Greene (July 1, 2007)

                                        There is also the fact that I have written numerous posts in the
                                        Maury_and_Baty group debating the existence of God.

                                        Additionally, there is the fact that the only reason we're even
                                        discussing the subject of theism/atheism in the first place is
                                        because Daniel and other ContendingFTF members CHANGED THE SUBJECT
                                        because they are so embarrassed about their belief in young earth
                                        creationism that they RAN AWAY from discussing the numerous
                                        scientific errors of that religious dogma. In other words, the
                                        whole "debate atheism" bluster has been nothing more than a
                                        diversionary tactic, because these guys that in terms of the relevant
                                        science they cannot defend this religious doctrine of young earth
                                        creationism. Young earth creationism is a false doctrine, precisely
                                        because it is factually wrong, because the relevant scientific facts
                                        (from astronomy and geology) show that both the Universe and the
                                        Earth have been in existence far longer than just 6,000 or 10,000
                                        years.

                                        In the Maury_and_Baty list - i.e., it's a matter of public record -
                                        we have numerous specific questions that were asked of several
                                        ContendingFTF members that they all completely failed to answer, and
                                        thus ran away from. Besides being incredibly deceitful, it's pretty
                                        funny - and real hypocritical - for these guys to even dare to
                                        pretend that I (or others) haven't been addressing and answering
                                        issues they bring up, because in fact while THEY have been diligently
                                        running away from the issues that we've been bring up for them to
                                        address, WE almost always address various issues they have raised
                                        IMMEDIATELY. But then we have Daniel proceed to lying by pretending
                                        otherwise. Of course, as all of us already know, as we have observed
                                        in the past and have been observing numerous occasions of in the last
                                        several weeks, whenever Daniel doesn't like something, he just
                                        habitually lies about it. We have been observing that this pattern of
                                        deceit and utter hypocrisy apparently runs pretty rampant with many
                                        of the ContendingFTF members.

                                        - Todd Greene

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Jul 10, 2007
                                          We observe the deceitful Daniel Denham continuing to lie about me.

                                          Notice we also observe Doug Post lying about Robert Baty and Rick
                                          Hartzog now, deceitfully pretending they are atheists.

                                          And now we have Skip Francis - remember, he's the guy who promoted
                                          the young earth creationist moon recession argument, and after
                                          numerous errors of logic and fact were pointed out he clammed right
                                          up and has completely ignored the subject, deliberately refusing to
                                          acknowledge any error of any kind, another form of deceitfulness
                                          (Hey, Skip, when are you ever gonna get around to addressing the
                                          problem??? Never, huh??? Yeah, that's what I figured, because that's
                                          how you guys really are.) - expressing some bizarre form of
                                          blindness, because even though I gave him this specific reference

                                          Comments on theism/atheism, young earth creationism debate
                                          by Todd Greene (July 1, 2007)

                                          Skip is apparently utterly incapable of reading and comprehending
                                          what I wrote.

                                          Now, I know not only that Daniel Denham is aware of me having made
                                          these posts in discussion of theism/atheism, as well as having
                                          accepted their debate challenge, and it is Daniel and the others who
                                          have run away from the discussion because rather than respond to any
                                          of the points I made they ignored them and now have Daniel lying to
                                          people that I never made these points in the first place. I have made
                                          several points in these posts that Daniel has deliberately ignored
                                          and completely failed to address, yet here is lying that I never made
                                          these points in the first place. He blatantly lies that I have
                                          diverted the issues, which is merely another blatant lie on his part.
                                          Every issue he has raised I have addressed immediately and
                                          forthrightly - which Daniel himself then ignores and then lies to
                                          people that I did not write what I wrote. These Contentious for
                                          Tendentious Fallacies men are complicit in Daniel's deceitfulness
                                          because they know the truth and thus know that he's lying but they
                                          deliberately refuse to correct his error, and further make comments
                                          encouraging him for lying.

[...]

                                          And here is a post I wrote on July 5, 2007 in which I pointed out the
                                          fact that he was lying about these posts not existing and provided
                                          this same list:

                                          Re: The Many Lies of Mr. Denham

                                          Keep in mind that the whole reason we're even discussing
                                          theism/atheism in the first place is because these guys are just too
                                          embarrassed about their belief in young earth creationism to try to
                                          back it up, so they CHANGED THE SUBJECT to atheism as a diversionary
                                          tactic.

                                          What's ironically funny about this is how these guys promote
                                          themselves as gospel preachers, and they like to talk about revering
                                          the truth, and they like to make comments having an objective
                                          morality under which all lying is wrong, yet when backed into a
                                          corner they will lie at the drop of a hat (I see they're still
                                          promoting the known plagiarist and fabricator of "history," Keith
                                          Sisman). Their standard procedure: (1) deliberately ignore what
                                          you've written, (2) misrepresent you, even blatantly lie about you,
                                          on the basis of having deliberately ignored what you've written, (3)
                                          change the subject. Apparently their position is so false, so
                                          extreme, so embarrassing that they find themselves incapable of
                                          trying to sustain it without resorting to deceitfulness on a routine
                                          basis.

                                          - Todd Greene

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jul 10, 2007
                                            "Todd S. Greene" <greeneto@...> wrote (in part):

                                            > What's ironically funny about this is how these
                                            > guys promote themselves as gospel preachers, and
                                            > they like to talk about revering the truth, and
                                            > they like to make comments having an objective
                                            > morality under which all lying is wrong, yet when
                                            > backed into a corner they will lie at the drop of
                                            > a hat

                                            Todd, you noticed that too! I've been waiting and
                                            waiting, but I haven't been able to get a single
                                            word of acknowledgement about that out of Keith
                                            Sisman or anyone else! No one on the ContendingFTF
                                            list has even asked Keith any questions about that
                                            nonsense! (Someone on CFTF did, regarding John
                                            Morton {"Iohn Murton"} and Keith said there were
                                            *two* John Mortons and RAN AWAY!) You would think
                                            while Keith was making stuff up, he would throw a
                                            few pterodactyls in for good measure! You know he
                                            wants to!

                                            > Their standard procedure:
                                            >
                                            > (1) deliberately ignore what you've written,
                                            >
                                            > (2) misrepresent you, even blatantly lie about you,
                                            > on the basis of having deliberately ignored what
                                            > you've written,
                                            >
                                            > (3) change the subject.

                                            Play your quatloos right and this kind of information
                                            can make you a wealthy man!

                                            > Apparently their position is so false, so extreme,
                                            > so embarrassing that they find themselves incapable
                                            > of trying to sustain it without resorting to
                                            > deceitfulness on a routine basis.
                                            >
                                            > - Todd Greene

                                            But then, we already knew that. As you might say,
                                            Todd, "It's the Young Earth Creationist Way." And
                                            that before unbelievers.

                                            Thanks for pointing out that Keith Sisman thing.

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Jul 10, 2007

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Jul 10, 2007
                                                See how Skip Francis now becomes explicit in his complicity with
                                                Daniel Denham in lying about me, as these men deceitfully pretend
                                                that this post doesn't exist:

                                                Comments on theism/atheism, young earth creationism debate
                                                by Todd Greene (July 1, 2007)

                                                Notice that he's lying about this, even after having it explicitly
                                                pointed out to him.

                                                As Robert Baty would put, I already have my "exit strategy," which is
                                                actually quite legitimate - but I have chosen to ignore my exit
                                                strategy *anyway*, which is this: Why would I ever get involved in a
                                                public debate with men who are KNOWN to lie left and right at the
                                                drop of a hat as a routine discussion strategy? This is why I intend
                                                to very careful about venue and determination of debate
                                                host/moderator.

                                                In regard to discussion of the bogus nature of the young earth
                                                creationist moon recession argument, Skip Francis apparently *has*
                                                run and hide, because now he's even pretending that Rick never
                                                pointed out the logic errors and factual errors that he did in fact
                                                already point out to Skip. Skip has completely retreated to now
                                                making the same old crazy comments that he started off with, as if
                                                Rick never even wrote one single thing.

                                                Here's one of the main posts that Skip has deliberately ignored:

                                                Malcolm Bowden Weasels Out on Moon Recession
                                                by Rick Hartzog (May 2, 2007)
                                                http://www.outersystem.us/creationism/moonrecession2.html

                                                In regard to Skip hiding in a closed forum, well - DUH! - the facts
                                                speak for themselves.

                                                In regard to Skip's remark, "It is easy to hide behind your monitor
                                                and say things, or just spew derivative drivel," I'm laughing at the
                                                irony, since that pretty much sums up young earth creationists.

                                                In regard to other comments about Rick and supposedly representing
                                                what Rick has stated, I'll let Rick speak for himself.

                                                - Todd Greene

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Jul 10, 2007
                                                  Todd, you wrote, in part:

                                                  > See how Skip Francis now
                                                  > becomes explicit in his
                                                  > complicity with Daniel
                                                  > Denham in lying about
                                                  > me (Todd S. Greene)...

                                                  It seems to me that objective folk reviewing the empirical evidence as to these discussions will note that the evidence confirming just how bad David P. Brown and his boys have been defeated/beaten is ever more present in their most recent posts where they simply cannot comment without lying about one of us or this list or my "Goliath of GRAS", etc.

                                                  Further evidence as to how bad they have been defeated/beaten is seen by noting those simple, easy to deal with things that they have simply ran off from even lying about.

                                                  They are, indeed, running up the count on their 1,000 deaths that cowards must suffer.

                                                  There's not a "valiant" amongst them that will "come out" and "let us reason TOGETHER"!

                                                  I would that that would change.

                                                  We have so much to talk about regarding important public issues and the negotiations for a discussion of David P. Brown's own falsification argument regarding the existence of God.