Re: Hilbert's advice!

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2002
      I don't need to say this, but since Hilbert thinks it important, I do
      want to say it and will say it. I don't read all of Hilbert's posts, or
      all of the other posts on this list either. How about that!

      However, I did stumble across this from Hilbert concerning one of his
      hobbies and how he thinks little problems ought to be dealt with:

      ##################

      "BTW, Max has refused to retract that statement. I have called him 2
      times."

      ###################

      Surely now, Hilbert is going to show some appreciation for my interest
      in attempting to follow his problem-solving technique here.

      We all probably know that Bert Thompson, Ph.D. has publicly been
      claiming a certain letter published by the CRSQ is my "feeble attempt".

      That's false since I did not write, produce, or suggest the letter that
      was published by the CRSQ.

      Bert knows that!

      Now, all we need to do is get someone with at least the moral gumption
      of Hilbert to call Bert "2 times" and find out, for the public record,
      if Bert Thompson, Ph.D. is going to retract his claim.

      "No comment" as allegedly, recently given to David Mathews, is obviously
      insufficient a response.

      We need to be able to document clearly Bert's retraction or his refusal
      to retract his claim. His written statement suitable for public
      distribution, of course, is expected to follow any telephone
      confirmation.

      Don't you think? (That a rhetorical question, I know everyone here
      thinks that it is only proper to get such information into the public
      record. Well, at least I know that Al Maxey shares that view, and
      that's good enough for me).