Who wrote that letter?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2002
      In several false reports floating around cyberspace, and who knows
      where else, I have been accused of writing a letter that was
      published in the Creation Research Society Quarterly and that such
      letter, as allegedly written by me, was "feeble".

      Following is an example of one such report and claim:

      #################################

      http://www.pblcoc.org/guestbook.html (scroll down to find the
      following)

      (an excerpt)

      Dear Friends at Palm Beach Lakes:

      Interestingly, the CRSQ editor even published Mr. Baty's feeble
      attempt at a response (accompanied by our counter-response; CRSQ, 33
      [1]:22, June 1996).

      Should anyone desire further information, they may feel free to
      contact our offices at: Mail@..., or visit our Web
      site at www.ApologeticsPress.org. Dr. Bert Thompson Apologetics
      Press, Inc. 230 Landmark Drive Montgomery, AL 36117-2752

      Dr. Bert Thompson
      Mail@...>
      Montgomery, AL USA -

      #################################

      My further comments:

      In addition to being able to document where the above fellow got his
      Maury statue claim, I am also interested in getting him to admit that
      that letter which he calls "feeble" was not something I produced or
      wrote. It was something that the editor of that journal, Eugene
      Chaffin, Ph.D., produced.

      I don't mind my name being attached to that letter. However, if
      someone is going to go around cyberspace trying to belittle it, I
      think it needs to be made clear that the "feeble"ness, if there be
      any, is not on my part. It is on the part of Eugene Chaffin, Ph.D.

      The man above might do well not only to admit that he knows I did not
      write it, but also to either reaffirm his characterizaiton of the
      product as "feeble" or change it to something else.

      As the fellow does not communicate with me on these matters, I must
      rely on others to obtain official word from him concerning these
      simple matters. For the public record, of course.