6006Re: Fishing or cutting bait with Jason Fox

    May 2, 2005
      <greeneto@y...> wrote, in part:

      > Jason has the task of explaining how it is
      > that phyllite rock has been forming at the
      > Tellico River within the past 100 years even
      > though no one within the past 100 years has
      > ever seen the formation of any rock at all.

      That's not so hard. I think I could even do for Jason.

      You remember the recent spotting of that ivory billed woodpecker.

      Well, no one had seen one of them for about 40 years. Yet, now we
      see it and conclude that they have been around all during the time
      no one saw one.

      So, even though no one has seen the phyllite forming around the
      Tellico doesn't mean it isn't forming, and forming quite rapidly.

      I suspect that the reason Dr. Bert hasn't been addressing the issue
      is because he and a band of interns are, as we post, out scouring
      the Tellico to find where the phyllite formations can be presently
      observed.

      He really thinks he's going to find it. Why else would
      that "Rock 'n Reel" story still be on his website today, May 2, 2005?

      You think?