31804Another Day, Another Venue to Invite Presuppositionalists!

    May 8, 2013
      Christians Answering Atheists 2

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013
      Time: About 9:25 AM MT

      My Challenge to the Presuppositionalism
      of Sye Ten Bruggencate

      I'm new here, and thought to join after noticing that Sean Boatman was promoting Presuppositionalism here. I've got experience with Sean and his antics regarding such things.

      I ran across Sye Ten Bruggencate and his Presuppositionalism a few weeks ago via an encounter on one of Eric Hovind's FaceBook pages.

      My experience in putting Presuppositionalists to flight is archived at my YAHOO! discussion list at:

      I don't particularly like FaceBook, but I have not had much success in getting FaceBook users to come out and come around my place. Sye has done a pretty good job at getting Presuppositionalists to block me or otherwise "run" from my invitations.

      Sye's Presuppositional magnum opus was released last week and, apparently, is enjoying considerable commercial success even while my challenge goes unanswered and my allegation unrebutted.

      Sye will not come out.
      Sye's sympathizers will not come out.

      Yet, I continue to extend the invitation.

      There are numerous, interesting angles to Sye's promotion of and the apparent resurgence of interest in Presuppositionalism. I have tried to find a fundamental point of interest within my skill level and which provides a basis for engaging the popular public debate over the merits of what Sye is promoting.

      Following is the proposition that I propose should be set forth for discussion, with the logistical details necessary to produce the proposed discussion to be negotiated should Sye or one who supports his claim show up to engage the negotiations in good faith with the purpose of producing the proposed discussion of the merits of Sye's "proof of God" claim and my rebuttal thereto:

      - "The Proof that God exists
      - is that without Him you
      - couldn't prove anything."
      - Affirm: Sye Ten Bruggencate
      - Deny: Robert Baty

      I will be posting this message at my YAHOO! place, which I consider to be a preferable venue for the proposed negotiations and the proposed discussion. Venue, however, like other matters, is subject to negotiation.

      To engage these important public issues at my place, membership is not required. You can simply address your email to the following address and follow along via the public archives at the previously noted website:

      To date, the Presuppositionalists have defaulted the issue by failing to openly, honestly engage in the negotiations to produce the proposed test of Sye Ten Bruggencate's (and other such Presuppositionalists') "proof of God" claim.

      The "evidence" to date suggests that Presuppositionalists like Sye Ten Bruggencate realize that their "proof of God" claim provides NO "proof of God".

      I think this point is fairly simple. Whatever Presuppositionalism might provide, it does NOT provide a "proof of God" and Sye and others should give up that claim.

      As far as my efforts are concerned, they have given up the "proof of God" claim by default. However, I am still available to engage in the effort to allow them to affirm and support their "proof of God" claim and deal with my rebuttal thereto.

      I have confronted Sye and a dozen or so other of his sort. None have yet appeared to negotiate, in good faith, for the proposed exchange.

      Thanks for your time and interest.

      The rule above indicates that posters are limited to 2 a day. I guess I get one more today if it becomes necessary. Otherwise, those interested can take up the discussion via the Maury_and_Baty YAHOO! discussion list.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic