16003Fw: Re: DBWillis and I share the same concerns!

    Dec 1, 2008
      ----------Forwarded Message-----------

      From: Todd S. Greene
      To: coCBanned@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [coCBanned] Re: DBWillis and I share the same concerns!
      Date: Monday, December 1, 2008 7:45 AM

      This is another perfect example showing how fundamentalist Christians
      such as David Willis, Jerry McDonald, Daniel Denham, and so on talk
      out of both sides of their mouths. While they're telling you how much
      they love truth and expect "fair play" in rational discussion, they're
      spitting on the truth and misrepresenting matters and people left and
      right. Hypocritical to the core.

      I also noticed a previous post by Rick Hartzog in which he dissected
      David Willis' rhetoric pretending Rick needed to apologize to him, by
      misprepresenting Rick as saying that David had lied about a C14
      dating. In fact, Rick had simply asked David for a reference. I
      haven't read through all the posts yet, but at this moment I have yet
      to see David provide a reference for his suspect representation of
      Richard Dawkins that I mentioned a few days ago. I had mentioned that
      there is no such word as "biophiletic" (it's supposed to be
      "biophilic"). Will David provide a quote of Dawkins actually saying
      what David represented him to have said? I seriously doubt it. Rick's
      post discusses yet another example showing how even when David does
      quote people, he's skillful at quoting specific sentences out of
      context and then still falsely representing what was said (and not
      said) by omitting what else the person wrote, and then he conjures up
      red herring straw man arguments based on his misrepresentations. This
      is why, as I mentioned in a previous post, we have many complaints
      concerning the manner in which David edits material out of posts that
      he is responding to, giving the false impression that he has quoted
      all the relevant statements a person has made even while he has
      carefully snipped out relevant statements immediately preceding or
      immediately following that show that his representation of what was
      stated is wrong. David does this A LOT - which is how we know it's one
      of his standard tactics.

      - Todd Greene

      --- In coCBanned@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:
      > Consider Matthew 7:1,2 & James 3:1 and the following from DBWillis:
      > (excerpts)
      > I (DBWillis) didn't like his (George's) twisting of my words...
      > I (DBWillis) would much prefer being fairly represented...
      > I (DBWillis) do hope he (George) will be careful about how he
      (George) depicts my (DBWillis') view.