NEWS -- 2013.08.18.Sunday night meditation

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2013
      The NEWS is so bad all around the planet. All caused by humans.

      Something uplifting instead --->

      I attended a wedding yesterday -- two lovely girls. About 150 guests -- over 40 of them family members -- including children. It was a joy to behold, on a beautiful day at Point Reyes.

      ----------

      On an airplane flight --->

      Shine Your Way
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tyWxLjGgg0

      The BEST animated movie of the year ---

      http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/The-Croods/70143241
      The Croods
      2013 PG 98 minutes
      When an earthquake obliterates their cave, an unworldly prehistoric family is forced to journey through unfamiliar terrain in search of a new home. But things for pessimistic dad Grug go from bad to worse when his daughter meets a clever cave boy.

      Cast:
      Nicolas Cage, Ryan Reynolds, Emma Stone, Catherine Keener, Cloris Leachman, Clark Duke
      Director:
      Kirk De Micco, Chris Sanders
      Genres:
      Children & Family, Family Animation, Ages 5-7, Ages 8-10, Ages 11-12, Blu-ray
      This movie is:
      Exciting, Imaginative, Feel-good
      Format:
      DVD and Blu-ray availability date unknown
      ----------

      Shine Your Way -- Heard during the credits at the end of the movie. This is the best song of the year.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tyWxLjGgg0

      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481499/soundtrack?ref_=tt_trv_snd

      Shine Your Way
      Written by Alan Silvestri, Glen Ballard, Kirk De Micco and Chris Sanders
      Performed by Owl City and Yuna
      Produced by Glen Ballard, Alan Silvestri and Adam Young
      Owl City appears courtesy of Republic Records
      Yuna appears courtesy of The Verve Music Group

      ----------

      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481499/

      User Reviews

      9 stars Joyous fun

      In my life as a parent of a 10 and 12 year old, I have been to see a lot of animated kids movies, some of them quite painful to sit through. This one ranks at the top. The action, the humor, the characters, the plot, all rolled up in to a big ball of fun. I was belly laughing with my kids the whole way through it. And the message is lovely to boot. Excellent casting...the chemistry between the characters stood out in a way I never thought a cartoon could, no doubt due to the talent of the actors and standout animation (not something that I'm usually all that dazzled by.) It was the interaction, along with thoughtful humor of what is important in life, that really put this over the top for me. The complete implausibility of the plot didn't even mildly annoy me, the way stories of this genre sometimes do.

      I could actually stand to watch this a second time. Well done Hollywood, please put this level of thought in to more children's movies.

      ----------

      http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/o/owl_city/shine_your_way.html

      Just before the dawn,
      When the light's still gone,
      Shine, shine your way,
      And you may not know, where to go,
      Shine, shine your way

      Open road but it's still dark,
      Build a fire from a spark,
      And shine, shine your way,
      Feed the feeling in your heart,
      Don't conceal it then you'll start,
      To find, find your way

      No one can stop, what has begun,
      You must believe when I say

      All of your tears will dry faster in the sun,
      Starting today,
      Shine, shine, shine,
      Shine your way

      There's an open sky,
      And a reason why,
      You shine, shine your way,
      There's so much to learn,
      And now it's your turn,
      To shine, shine your way

      There's a feeling deep inside,
      You can let it be your guide,
      To find, find your way,
      And there's no time for us to waste,
      Got to take a leap of faith,
      And fly, fly away

      Don't have to walk,
      Now you can run,
      Nothing can get in your way

      All of your tears will dry faster in the sun,
      Starting today,
      Shine, shine, shine,
      Shine your way

      Morning is breaking,
      Darkness is fading,
      We found a way to the light,
      It's such a beautiful sight

      Any time, anywhere,
      Turn around and I'll be there,
      To shine, shine your way

      Like a star burning bright,
      Lighting up the darkest night,
      I'll shine, shine your way

      Now I can see,
      You are the one,
      Sent here to show me the way

      All of your tears will dry faster in the sun,
      Starting today,
      Shine, shine, shine,
      We're on our way,
      Shine, shine, shine,
      That's what we say,
      Shine, shine, shine,
      Shine your way

      There's a reason why
      You shine, shine your way

      All of our tears will dry faster in the sun
      Shine your way