Re: Judy Shepard's Book

  • karensdr
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
      I bought it at a booksigning, and got to meet her.

      I was a little taken aback, though not really surprised, at how much she resented the interest of outsiders like us. I guess if that were my kid I'd probably feel the same way.

      And I was surprised and moved to find out she had come out of the hospital and stood incognito with those of us who were gathered at the vigil that night.

      --- In MatthewsPlaceForum@yahoogroups.com, "buddyalopex" <georgekrol@...> wrote:

      > I just finished reading it, and it forces me to modify some of the assumptions I made on my website. Some of the information dovetails with Romaine Patterson's book.
      > I wish I could consult with John Patrick Day in this world. However, I guess I'll have to make do with what I have.
      > Ironically, I bought the book off Amazon with the latest from Robert Kiyosaki on the conspiracy of the rich. Such a contrast!

    • buddyalopex
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
        Actually that part of the book was very logical. At the time, Judy Shepard must have wondered why so many people -- including President Bill Clinton -- were interested in her son. I envy you for meeting her. My viewpoint is from Dennis. Had someone beaten my son to death, I would have felt the same way. Recently, he was not particularly articulate about the Matthew Shepard Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Act, whereas I would be (and have on my website) such an advocate of a law.

        In any case, I still feel a strong paternal instinct to protect Matt. I still want McKinney DEAD!

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 29, 2009
          It wasn't Bill Clinton she was talking about so much, as people like me who gathered outside the hospital with lighted candles in our hands. I guess it felt like an intrusion, and I think I can understand that.