Re: NEWS -- 2007.06.26.Tuesday

  • Vega Alopex
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2007
      As I've noted earlier, I was quite ignorant of gay rights before Matt
      came to my attention. We did have a gay couple come to our UU meeting
      in 1992 -- about the time I ready Ryan White's alleged story. (How did
      anyone know what he was thinking as he left consciousness for the last
      time?) I adopted a firm stand against discrimination. One of the
      couple made it clear: treat us the same as heterosexual couples. It
      still is a radical concept in Wilkes-Barre, which never left the
      1930's.
      "Eunich for the Kingdom of Heaven" was another eye-opener. Ironically,
      it all confirmed my reasons for leaving long before Matt stepped into
      my life through the internet a year after his death.

      Thanks, little blond buddy!

      Al G