Fwd: McKinney gets moved again

  • John Patrick
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2006
      --- In matthewshepard@yahoogroups.com, "Tristen" <ted200258@...> wrote:

      Aaron Mckinney got moved this week to a prison over in Oklahoma. Just
      thought I would pass that on to everyone.

      --- End forwarded message ---
    • Vega Alopex
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2006
        Oh, joy! McKinney gets to travel around the country on taxpayers'
        expense, while I've been stuck in the Philadelphia area since 1996.
        Al

        --- In MatthewsPlaceForum@yahoogroups.com, "John Patrick"
        <johnpday@...> wrote:

        > --- In matthewshepard@yahoogroups.com, "Tristen" <ted200258@> wrote:
        >
        > Aaron Mckinney got moved this week to a prison over in Oklahoma. Just
        > thought I would pass that on to everyone.
        >
        > --- End forwarded message ---

      • John Patrick
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2006
          Er....does hat mean given the choice of:

          1) Philadelphia, or
          2) prison in OK,

          on the whole, you'd rather NOT be in Philadelphia?

          --- In MatthewsPlaceForum@yahoogroups.com, "Vega Alopex"
          <buddyalopex@...> wrote:

          > Oh, joy! McKinney gets to travel around the country on taxpayers'
          > expense, while I've been stuck in the Philadelphia area since 1996.
          > Al
          >
          > --- In MatthewsPlaceForum@yahoogroups.com, "John Patrick"
          > <johnpday@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In matthewshepard@yahoogroups.com, "Tristen" <ted200258@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Aaron Mckinney got moved this week to a prison over in Oklahoma.
          Just
          > > thought I would pass that on to everyone.
          > >
          > > --- End forwarded message ---

        • Gary
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4, 2006
            Al, if it makes you feel any better, McKinney is probably not seeing
            much of the country side. Should they be flying him, I doubt he has a
            window seat. The view from any bus might be a bit difficult to see,
            when one has to look past handcuffs and leg irons. While he does not
            deserve a life of leisure, he is not getting one.

            Gary
          • Vega Alopex
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2006
              Unlike Three Dog Night, I've never been to Spain, NOR to Oklahaoma
              (nor any other state that voted for the Schrub).
              My only connection to prison is that I have a homosexophobic ex-
              cousin who works at one around Wilkes-Barre. He had a kid out of
              wedlock, so you know what I'm thinking in terms of projection.

              <johnpday@...> wrote:

              > Er....does hat mean given the choice of:
              >
              > 1) Philadelphia, or
              > 2) prison in OK,
              >
              > on the whole, you'd rather NOT be in Philadelphia?
              >
              > --- In MatthewsPlaceForum@yahoogroups.com, "Vega Alopex"
              > <buddyalopex@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Oh, joy! McKinney gets to travel around the country on
              taxpayers'
              > > expense, while I've been stuck in the Philadelphia area since
              1996.
              > > Al
              > >
              > > --- In MatthewsPlaceForum@yahoogroups.com, "John Patrick"
              > > <johnpday@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > --- In matthewshepard@yahoogroups.com, "Tristen" <ted200258@>
              wrote:

              > > > Aaron Mckinney got moved this week to a prison over in
              Oklahoma.
              > Just
              > > > thought I would pass that on to everyone.
              > > >
              > > > --- End forwarded message ---

            • organistbob
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 4, 2006
                Actually, Al, I don't think you've missed anything. McKinney has
                been in Nevada, Texas, and Oklahoma. Those states are nothing
                but hot, barren wasteland, and they're full of rednecks. I dare
                say there are more interesting things to see and do in
                Philadelphia than in all three of the above-mentioned states
                combined.

                organistbob

                --- In MatthewsPlaceForum@yahoogroups.com, "Vega Alopex" <buddyalopex@...> wrote:

                > Unlike Three Dog Night, I've never been to Spain, NOR to Oklahaoma
                > (nor any other state that voted for the Schrub).
                > My only connection to prison is that I have a homosexophobic ex-
                > cousin who works at one around Wilkes-Barre. He had a kid out of
                > wedlock, so you know what I'm thinking in terms of projection.
                >
                > Al
                >

                > --- In MatthewsPlaceForum@yahoogroups.com, "John Patrick"
                > <johnpday@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Er....does hat mean given the choice of:
                > >
                > > 1) Philadelphia, or
                > > 2) prison in OK,
                > >
                > > on the whole, you'd rather NOT be in Philadelphia?
                > >
                > > --- In MatthewsPlaceForum@yahoogroups.com, "Vega Alopex"
                > > <buddyalopex@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Oh, joy! McKinney gets to travel around the country on
                > taxpayers'
                > > > expense, while I've been stuck in the Philadelphia area since
                > 1996.
                > > > Al
                > > >
                > > > --- In MatthewsPlaceForum@yahoogroups.com, "John Patrick"

                > Oklahoma.
                > > Just

              • Vega Alopex
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 4, 2006
                  No, I'm thinking more of a fun time like Richard Speck in Joliet. We
                  are approaching the fortieth anniversary of his crime in Chicago.
                  Maybe all that moving around has hindered McKinney's relatives from
                  visiting him. Maybe McKinney is having such a good time with drugs in
                  prison, he thinks handcuffs and legirons are kinky.

                  In any case, why all the moves? Is McKinney getting along too well or
                  not at all with other inmates? I think he and Henderson should share a
                  cell until one of them dies.

                  Al
                  --- In MatthewsPlaceForum@yahoogroups.com, "Gary" <garysdeskcom@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Al, if it makes you feel any better, McKinney is probably not seeing
                  > much of the country side. Should they be flying him, I doubt he has a
                  > window seat. The view from any bus might be a bit difficult to see,
                  > when one has to look past handcuffs and leg irons. While he does not
                  > deserve a life of leisure, he is not getting one.
                  >
                  > Gary

                • John Patrick
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 5, 2006
                    A couple of ideas come to mind:

                    1. The basic issue is that Wyoming is out of prison space. It may be
                    that the comings and goings have to do with whatever it costs the
                    state to have him lodged elsewhere. Perhaps this is an effort to
                    reduce Mr. McKinney's expense to the taxpayers.

                    2. If it had anything to do with personal relationships, especially
                    if drugs are involved, it's a good bet that McKinney isn't getting
                    along too terribly well with the others. That's projecting from his
                    general track record.