Project Soundwave

  • Matthew
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2006
      Hi group,

      I'll be very surprised if people here still remember me.

      On Wednesday, students around the nation observed the National Day of
      Silence in support of GLBT teens and safer schools. In Sacramento,
      there was also a march organized by the Lambda Community Center. I
      went along for this march and took pictures and video for a project I
      had contemplated about three weeks earlier. Two days later, I gushed
      out a DVD called "Project Soundwave" that included the following video:

      http://tinyurl.com/lrfzp

      I'm hoping this video inspires, provokes change, and influences a call
      to action. If you'd like to see the main menu DVD screenshot, check
      it out here:

      tinyurl.com/jb8hj

      Now, the DVD isn't being marketed like your favorite Disney movie.
      I'm only making a few copies of the DVD (which, along with the main
      video, includes a "making of" and several videos in their unedited,
      raw state) and then the video is being erased from my computer. But
      it'll be on YouTube, and I hope you'll pass it along to those who need
      the inspiration :)

      Cheers,
      Matthew
    • Gary
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2006
        Matthew, I remember your email address, because I enjoy the piano and
        organ and your email address has the word keys in it. :-D

        I am glad there is support of GLBT teens and safer schools. I am
        hoping to encourage a school to officially become a safe and caring
        school. The job will not be easy.

        The video is impressive. Matthew, I cannot think of anything very
        appropriate to say other than, "I am really proud of you and everybody
        else involved in creating the video."

        I would like to mention the video and provide a link to the web site
        in the May Stop Hate Newsletter. Matthew, if you would like to write
        a special newsletter for Stop Hate 2000, where you give some
        background, you are very welcome to do that. We would be very
        honored. The URL for Stop Hate 2000 is www.stophate.us.

        Thank you for everything you are doing! :-D

        Gary
      • Gary
        Message 3 of 3 , May 19, 2006
          The new Stop Hate 2000 Newsletter is out. You can read it at
          www.stophate.us/letter.htm.

          Matthew Keys' video production is highlighted in the newsletter.

          Gary