Re: Serving the Matthews of our World

  • Vega Alopex
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      Right on! A few years ago, some instigators would come into the
      website and ask why we are so hyped up about Matt, when we cannot
      help Matt. They cannot see that the question is not what we could
      have done to help Matt -- Rather the question was what can we do now
      in this world. Judy Shepard knows, and even in such a repressive
      atmosphere, there is progress. Once the wraps are off, then one may
      ask, what took so long?
      Al
      --- In MatthewsPlaceForum@yahoogroups.com, "Johnny Reno"
      <coyoteboi2003@y...> wrote:
      > How best can we serve those in front of us that have taken to the
      > streets or pay tribute to those who have been beat to death in this
      > fight for freedom?
      >
      > Help is on the way. We have been behind way too long in our
      struggle.
      > Too many people have been torn apart, relationships have been
      overly
      > stressed and tainted because of social injustices. There have been
      > murders, rapes and transgressions against the gay community and its
      > time to stand up and fight harder than ever to prevent one more
      > crime, leave anyone behind and allow a Presidential decree to
      remove
      > any rights that some have died for. Help is on the way!
      >
      > If we come together with a very clear picture, should we change
      > Presidents, and we will, we can make a difference and will make a
      > difference. We have to walk with one another and share in the
      things
      > that present us as good, normal gay people. We have long been seen
      as
      > celebrating and party animals out seeking sex in public places via
      > the media coverage. Seldom are we seen working behind desks, in
      > uniform serving our people and our country or being great political
      > leaders. We need to turn this around. Time to shift gears and move
      > into main-stream America with a stronger voice, let America know
      that
      > help is on the way. We too, can bring an importance to the table.
      We