What to do after Foerster Alg. 1?

  • coman928
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2012
      We are finishing up Alg 1 (1999 Addison Wesley Paul Foerster Alg 1 Classic Edition) and need to move on to the next math in August. What is your suggestion? I remember seeing the "line up" but can't remember where I saw it. Thank you.
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2012
        On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 8:31 AM, coman928 <ked1019@...> wrote:

        We are finishing up Alg 1 (1999 Addison Wesley Paul Foerster Alg 1 Classic Edition) and need to move on to the next math in August. What is your suggestion? I remember seeing the "line up" but can't remember where I saw it. Thank you.

        It is possible to follow Algebra 1 with either Geometry or Algebra 2.  My recommendation is to follow Algebra I with Geometry.  Algebra and Geometry are both foundational for mathematical thinking.  Algebra 2 builds on both.
        --David Chandler

      • Karen
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2012

          I remember reading your suggestions on which books to use. What do you recommend for Geometry and Alg 2? Thank you.

          We are finishing up Alg 1 (1999 Addison Wesley Paul Foerster Alg 1 Classic Edition) and need to move on to the next math in August. What is your suggestion? I remember seeing the "line up" but can't remember where I saw it. Thank you.

          It is possible to follow Algebra 1 with either Geometry or Algebra 2.� My recommendation is to follow Algebra I with Geometry.� Algebra and Geometry are both foundational for mathematical thinking.� Algebra 2 builds on both.
          --David Chandler

        • mathwithoutborders
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2012

            Go to my site, http://www.mathwithoutborders.com, to see the texts I support. For Geometry I use Geometry: A Guided Inquiry, by Chakerian, Crabill, and Stein. For Algebra 2 I use Foerster's Algebra 2/Trig.