Re: [MathWithoutBorders] Re: Are all algebra 1 editions good?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
      I don't have a copy of the solution manual.  I recommend it because some of those using the videos have recommended it, and it shows worked out solutions rather than just bare answers.  The Teacher's edition does have answers to all problems, but they are just bare answers, not worked-out solutions.

      Maybe one of the other families using the solution manual could answer your specific question.

      On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Brett <bkajholley@...> wrote:

      Great, thank you so much. Does the solution manual also have the answers to the review tests?

      I bought a cd that will show us the solution to any problem we enter. I need whichever book gives me the answers to the tests too. Both books may do that. I haven't been able to look at any of them.

      Thanks,
      Karla

      --- In MathWithoutBorders@yahoogroups.com, "babe4robert" <mamasheep@...> wrote:

      > Karla,
      >
      > Yes, the teacher's edition does have all answers to everything,
      > including oral problems and review tests.
      >
      > Diane
      >

      > --- In MathWithoutBorders@yahoogroups.com, "Brett" <bkajholley@>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > We'll be using Foerster's algebra 1 this year. I bought the 1999
      > edition, but can't find the solution manual. I was told it's on
      > backorder until at least October.
      > >
      > > I did find the 1990 student and teacher editions on Amazon. Are the
      > older editions as good as the newer ones?
      > >
      > > Will the teacher edition have all the answers(including oral problems
      > and reviews/tests), or do I still need the solutions manual?
      >
      > > Thank you so much,
      > > Karla

    • babe4robert
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2011
        Karla,

        My solutions manual does have answers for the review tests as well.

        wrote:

        > Great, thank you so much. Does the solution manual also have the
        answers to the review tests?

        > I bought a cd that will show us the solution to any problem we enter.
        I need whichever book gives me the answers to the tests too. Both books
        may do that. I haven't been able to look at any of them.

        > Thanks,
        > Karla
        >

        > --- In MathWithoutBorders@yahoogroups.com, "babe4robert" mamasheep@
        wrote:

        > > Karla,
        > >
        > > Yes, the teacher's edition does have all answers to everything,
        > > including oral problems and review tests.
        > >
        > > Diane
        > >

        > > --- In MathWithoutBorders@yahoogroups.com, "Brett" <bkajholley@>
        > > wrote:
        > >
        > > > We'll be using Foerster's algebra 1 this year. I bought the 1999
        > > edition, but can't find the solution manual. I was told it's on
        > > backorder until at least October.
        > > >
        > > > I did find the 1990 student and teacher editions on Amazon. Are
        the
        > > older editions as good as the newer ones?
        > > >
        > > > Will the teacher edition have all the answers(including oral
        problems
        > > and reviews/tests), or do I still need the solutions manual?
        > >
        > > > Thank you so much,
        > > > Karla

      • Brett
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 7, 2011
          Thank you so much Diane. I was hoping that'd be the case. The teacher's book is much more expensive. It looks like I should have the solution manual some time in Aug. So, we'll be ok with the 1999 edition I already have.

          Thanks again,