Pi in July -- A Webinar Presentation by David Chandler

  • David
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2011
      On July 7, 2011, 6 pm Pacific Daylight time (7 pm Mountain, 8 pm Central, 9 pm Eastern) I will be leading a webinar of interest to homeschooling families. The event is free and open to the world, hosted by the Math Future forum. Log in and invite your friends. We will be using the Elluminate virtual meeting technology. There will be a running chat session in which you can comment and/or ask questions, and if you have a microphone there may be an opportunity to ask questions directly (depending on the size of the turnout).

      Link to website with more information:
      http://mathfuture.wikispaces.com/PiInJuly

      This session will start with a very intuitive concept of the meaning of pi and will progress to a calculation of the value of pi based on the method of Archimedes (except we will use a spreadsheet for our calculations...he did it all by hand !!! )