Re: [MathWithoutBorders] Excel graphing for Algebra II

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2013
      First of all, I don't use Excel (especially now that Microsoft Office is going to involve an annual fee rather than a one-time purchase!!!).  I use (and recommend) the spreadsheet program (Calc) that is part of Libre Office, which is an excellent, free, open source alternative.  It will read and write Excel files for compatibility.  Get it from CNet, a reliable software source: http://download.cnet.com/LibreOffice/3000-18483_4-75337651.html .  Try it even if you also have Excel installed.  I like it better than Excel.

      Here is a link to a playlist of video tutorials on YouTube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdOLxR_NlrQ&feature=share&list=PLB6667216F5948B34
      There are many other tutorials of all kinds.  Think of the internet as your help page.  If you Google the topic you need help with and include the word "tutorial" you can typically find a selection of tutorials on just about anything, including Excel as well.

      By the way, you asked about using the "Excel graphing program".  I am not sure how to interpret this question.  Excel and Libre Office are not primarily graphing programs, although they both have basic graphing capability as one of their functions.  If you want specific help about their graphing capability, try starting with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEUuwq7FS7k .  I'm sure there is something similar for Excel.

      For graphing in particular, take a look at Geogebra (http://www.geogebra.org)

      --David Chandler

      On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:44 AM, Amy Jones <whoolie@...> wrote:

      Could you recommend a free online tutorial for using the Excel graphing program?

      Thank you!