difficulty with custom tools in GSP

  • shannon Stoney
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2013
      Hi, I'm working through the chapter 3 GSP demos. I am in the tab that says "tools for custom polygons." I can't figure out how to make the "new angle" tool work. I created a point and a segment; I selected the point (the vertex) and the attached segment, but I can't make it form the ray. How do you do this?

      Also in the next tab about quad congruence: how do you "specify the parts"? For example to make a ASASA quad?

      --shannon
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2013
        That appears to be a bug.  Thanks for finding it.

        The third element that needs to be selected is an angle measurement.  In "cleaning up" the presentation I merged the angle measurements with the little angle symbol, which apparently hid the measurement itself.  The merged version doesn't work like the original.

        Here's a work-around.  Right click on the angle measurement as displayed.  Select "Split Merged Text".  That should separate out the angle symbol from the actual measurement.  The numerical part should work correctly with the tool as an angle measurement.

        Let me know if this works for you.  I'm impressed at how thoroughly you are working through the course!

        --David Chandler