Re: [MathWithoutBorders] making physical models

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2013
      You can use anything:
      ice cream sticks on edge held together with pieces of tape, cardboard strips with brass brads, larger sticks held together with nails or bolts, dry speghetti held together with pieces of modeling clay, etc.  Look around for what's convenient.
      --David Chandler

      On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 6:49 AM, shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@...> wrote:

      We will be in chapter 3 of geometry next week. Just wondering what physical materials y'all have used to make the triangles and quadrilaterals in that chapter. The "sticks" will have to be relatively easy to cut to length, and flat, so that they can be easily nailed. I suppose I could bring some bamboo and we could cut them to length with a hack saw and then drill them to make the models, maybe using wire or nails to connect through the holes.

      This could take some time, but maybe it would be time well spent.

      --shannon