Re: [MathWithoutBorders] Algebra I - Do we need to finish entire text?

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2012
      The two answers are equivalent.  You can move the terms around on one side of an equation as long as you move the sign with the number (or expression) it is part of.  This is the commutative property of addition.
      --David Chandler

      On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Mary Rainey <jimaryrainey@...> wrote:

      This is a simple answer I'm sure but can anyone tell me why:

      4.5x - 7.1x + 11.6 = 11.6 - 2.6x and NOT  -2.6x + 11.6

      thank you.

      Mary