Re: [MathWithoutBorders] Algebra I - Do we need to finish entire text?

  • MMTrostle
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2012
      I am of two minds on this.  1). I had my dd double up in math for 1 semester.  She did the end of Foerester's Algebra 1 and started Geometry that same semester.  2). I have heard that a few chapters could either be skipped or condensed as Foerester's Algebra 1 covers a lot of material, some of which is closer to Algebra 2 material. (But I do not remember which chapters specifically.)

      I intend to have my son (14) continue with Foerster's Algebra 1 over a year and a half and again double-up with Geometry for one semester.

      Michele
    • Mary Rainey
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2012
        This is a simple answer I'm sure but can anyone tell me why:

        4.5x - 7.1x + 11.6 = 11.6 - 2.6x and NOT  -2.6x + 11.6

        thank you.

        Mary