Re: [MathWithoutBorders] Tests for Geometry

  • Becky Blackwell
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2012
      Ok, that helps. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something. Thanks!
      Becky

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 19, 2012, at 11:52 PM, David Chandler <davidchaler@...> wrote:

      I don't have a test packet and neither does the publisher.  I recommend choosing several problems of different levels of difficulty from the text, whether the student has done them before or not, and make sure the student can (do them)/(still do them).  If you have enough math ability yourself to change the numbers and make up your own answer key, go for it.  However using exact questions from the text is still also useful for assessment.  Knowing they might see the problem again could be a motivator to be thorough in doing the daily work.  Doing the daily work is what counts.  "Testing" is a check to make sure that retention is happening.
      --David Chandler

      On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM, beckrah78 <beckrah78@...> wrote:

      Dear Mr. Chandler,

      We are starting school this week and I just finished going through the introductory materials and skimming the text. Question: what should I use for the chapter tests? Thanks.

      By the way, when my son heard you were our tutor again this year, his response was a fist pump and a big "Yes!"

      Becky in SC

      =