Re: [MassBaySailors] Digest Number 156

  • Bernie
    Message 1 of 9 , May 8 11:48 AM
      I've also used Peter Hartoft. I've had a number of boats surveyed over the
      years by various surveyors. He really impressed me. And he was happy to
      explain what he was looking for, looking at and discovering as he went
      along. He wasn't inexpensive. But he was well worth it. Bernie Wideman
      S2 9.2A #351 "Gremlin"
      in Maine

      Message 2 of 9 , May 8 11:55 AM
        Yes Bernie,

        He was a bit higher than I heard of in Maine.  I was told $18/foot around Yarmouth and Peter's site says $22/foot.

        Thanks,
        Robin
      • Richard Parent
        Message 3 of 9 , May 9 6:57 AM
          >Hi

          I race a Ben 456 in the GMORA series races out of Portland Maine. I
          have a sophisticated nav program (MAXSEA) with Raymarine radar and
          GPS Iintegrated into the system I have Raymarine racing instruments
          and polar diagrams. What I don't have is a navigator/tachtician. Any
          interest? All races would be out of the Maine Coast with two races
          to Nova Scotia and of course the Monhegan Island overnight race. If
          you are at all interested, please send me a copy of your sailing resume.
          thanks
          Richard

          Richard A. Parent, PhD, DABT, FATS, RAC, ERT
          Consultox, Limited
          Damariscotta, Maine
          Message 4 of 9 , May 9 7:16 AM
            Hi Ricard,

            You may want to list the dates of each Race, the travel days/dates and any other time needed/required to fulfill the role.  Also any related crew expenses.

            Bill

            Message 5 of 9 , May 9 7:50 AM
              Bill et al,
              Attached is a copy of our racing schedule at Bill's suggestion. Also you should be aware that I do not pay crew expenses.
              Still interested? Send sailing resume and indication of availablility
              Thanks for your suggestion Bill
              Richard

              At 10:16 AM 5/9/2006, Bill Scanlon wrote:
              Hi Ricard,

              You may want to list the dates of each Race, the travel days/dates and any other time needed/required to fulfill the role.  Also any related crew expenses.

              Bill

              Richard Parent <rparent@...> wrote:

              >Hi

              I race a Ben 456 in the GMORA series races out of Portland Maine. I
              have a sophisticated nav program (MAXSEA) with Raymarine radar and
              GPS Iintegrated into the system I have Raymarine racing instruments
              and polar diagrams. What I don't have is a navigator/tachtician.  Any
              interest?  All races would be out of the Maine Coast with two races
              to Nova Scotia and of course the Monhegan Island overnight race. If
              you are at all interested, please send me a copy of your sailing resume.
              thanks
              Richard

              Richard A. Parent, PhD, DABT, FATS, RAC, ERT
              Consultox, Limited
              Damariscotta, Maine

              How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

              Boating sailing Sailing cruising Boating safety
              Sailing Boat gear

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              Richard A. Parent, PhD, DABT, FATS, RAC, ERT
              Consultox, Limited
              Damariscotta, Maine

            • Mike Long
              Message 6 of 9 , May 9 1:23 PM
                What are DABT, FATS, RAC, ERT ?

                --- In MassBaySailors@yahoogroups.com, Richard Parent <rparent@...>
                wrote:

                > Bill et al,
                > Attached is a copy of our racing schedule at Bill's suggestion.
                Also
                > you should be aware that I do not pay crew expenses.
                > Still interested? Send sailing resume and indication of
                availablility
                > Thanks for your suggestion Bill
                > Richard
                >
                > At 10:16 AM 5/9/2006, Bill Scanlon wrote:
                > >Hi Ricard,
                > >
                > >You may want to list the dates of each Race, the travel
                days/dates
                > >and any other time needed/required to fulfill the role. Also any
                > >related crew expenses.
                > >
                > >Bill
                > >
                > >Richard Parent <rparent@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > >Hi
                > >
                > >I race a Ben 456 in the GMORA series races out of Portland Maine.
                > >have a sophisticated nav program (MAXSEA) with Raymarine radar and
                > >GPS Iintegrated into the system I have Raymarine racing
                instruments
                > >and polar diagrams. What I don't have is a navigator/tachtician.
                Any
                > >interest? All races would be out of the Maine Coast with two
                races
                > >to Nova Scotia and of course the Monhegan Island overnight race.
                If
                > >you are at all interested, please send me a copy of your sailing
                resume.
                > >thanks
                > >Richard
                > >

                > >Richard A. Parent, PhD, DABT, FATS, RAC, ERT
                > >Consultox, Limited
                > >Damariscotta, Maine
                > >

                > >How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone
                call rates.

                t=ms&k=Boating+sailing&w1=Boating+sailing&w2=Sailing+cruising&w3=Boat
                ing+safety&w4=Sailing&w5=Boat+gear&c=5&s=91&.sig=lEg4VbXxOeIShJe0Ta8M
                bQ>Boating
                > >sailing
                > ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Sailing+cruising&w1=Boating+sailing&w2=Sailing+cruising&w3=Boa
                ting+safety&w4=Sailing&w5=Boat+gear&c=5&s=91&.sig=KYIMK97N78G9_OiXX3O
                kiw>Sailing
                > >cruising
                > ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Boating+safety&w1=Boating+sailing&w2=Sailing+cruising&w3=Boati
                ng+safety&w4=Sailing&w5=Boat+gear&c=5&s=91&.sig=90fDQdbG1NiPbSInI0Uzp
                g>Boating
                > >safety
                > ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Sailing&w1=Boating+sailing&w2=Sailing+cruising&w3=Boating+safe
                ty&w4=Sailing&w5=Boat+gear&c=5&s=91&.sig=sSL7Ag0mjVP3EDscZwZLUA>Saili
                ng
                > ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Boat+gear&w1=Boating+sailing&w2=Sailing+cruising&w3=Boating+sa
                fety&w4=Sailing&w5=Boat+gear&c=5&s=91&.sig=O1w_Sa-
                4SSmeISWl74vcLg>Boat
                > >gear

                > > *
                > > <mailto:MassBaySailors-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?
                > >
                > > *
                > >

                > >----------
                >
                > Richard A. Parent, PhD, DABT, FATS, RAC, ERT
                > Consultox, Limited
                > Damariscotta, Maine

              • Richard Parent
                Message 7 of 9 , May 9 1:51 PM
                  Diplomate American Board of Toxicology, Fellow Academy of
                  Toxicological Sciences, Regulatory Affairs Certified, European
                  Registered Toxicologist

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 9 2:20 PM
                    Does this mean the food on your boat is certified edible?

                    dates and buffer & tranning days/dates needed

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 11 7:27 AM
                      Ladies don’t delay, register for the 5th NWSA Conference !!

                      June 3rd, is only 3 weekends away, it's YOUR day!!
                      Women's Sailing Conference
                       Corinthian Yacht Club,
                      Marblehead, MA

                      June 3, 2006
                      Registration is open! -  NWSA's 5th Annual Women's Sailing Conference in Marblehead, MAThis is an all day program of on-the-water coaching situations and on -land workshops.  A variety of topics is covered.  Get the registration form on line or request one by calling 1-866-631-6972.  Boat U.S. is the primary sponsor for the 5th year.  Click here to read about the 2005 conference.
                      Contact Information
                      Please feel free to contact us by any method listed below.
                      Telephone
                      866-631-NWSA (6972)
                      Fax
                      781-631-2889