I found a (seemingly) nice little TV for the boat

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2006
      This seemingly (I'll find out when it arrives, the reviews are good) nice little TV has all I have been seeking in a small/compact/light TV.

      It is a new model, with a flat panel-screen, and rich in features (formats it can play).

      It sells from numerous locations, I first saw it at a "Sears, on-line only" site and it wasn't in-stock.  I purchased it from www.PCConnection.com and comes with FREE Shipping.  I'll most likely purchase a telescopic mounting arm/bracket to allow for multiple direction viewing and easy storage while underway.

      The "Admiral" doesn't know YET ...  She has been against having a TV on the boat and although I agree (in theory), the reality is we never spend nearly the amount of time I wish we would on the boat, so I'm hoping more creature comforts will improve that.

      14" Flat TV VCR DVD Combo

      Toshiba

      A compact model that does it all!

      Toshibas 14" diagonal TV boasts VHS and DVD-viewing capabilities all in one. Enjoy superb picture quality with a FST Pure Flat picture tube design, and amazing audio with the double baffle speaker system and StableSound, which maintains volume from channel to channel. The built-in DVD player is compatible with several popular media formats, satisfying a wide variety of entertainment needs.
      Product Specifications
      Audio
      Sound Output ModeStereo
      Features & Functions
      Commercial SkipYes
      DVD TypeDVD player
      Parental Channel LockYes
      Secondary Audio Program (SAP)Yes
      General
      Television TechnologyPureFlat
      Television TypeTV/DVD/VCR combo
      Diagonal Size14 in
      Performance
      Image Aspect Ratio4:3
      Video
      Video Head Quantity4
      Actual Weight32 lbs.
      Compatibility NotesPlays DVD-video, CD, CD-R / -RW, VCD, DVD-R, WMA, MP3, JPEG
      ContentsCombo unit, remote control, documentation
      Ports/Connectors(1) RCA video
      (1) Audio input / output
      (1) RF input
      (1) Headphone jack
      Warranty - Labor1 Year
      Warranty - Parts1 Year
      Price:
      $249.95
      Will Ship:
      Item#:
      In Stock
      Monday
      5811478
      Mfr. Part#:
      MW14F51

      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2006
        Bill, I am looking for a TV too, I was at BestBuy the other day.
        This TV, I presume, is 3.2 lbs not 32 lbs ...