Re: [MassBaySailors] ODay owners

  • ajski1000@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7 7:18 AM
      I have a 1977 22 footer, blast to sail!
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7 7:24 AM
        To the Ladies,

        Try to keep June 3rd open for the “NWSA's 5th Annual Women's Sailing Conference” in Marblehead, MA

        My wife Andrea has attended 2 or 3 of these already and plans to participate this year.  Several women from WYC have participated in the past and I assume they’ll be well represented this year.  I went to the NWSA site and they have yet to post this year’s fee.

        I suspect it’ll being something like $135 for non-members and $100 for members.  Considering the NWSA annual dues are $45 (and tax deductible) it makes sense to join the organization and sign-up for the event.

        This is a no-brainer:  “Membership Tax Deductible”

        Dedicated to enriching the lives of women and girls
         through education and access to the sport of sailing.

        SAVE THE DATE - June 3, 20006 -  NWSA's 5th Annual Women's Sailing Conference in Marblehead, MAThis is an all day program of on-the-water coaching situations and on -land workshops.  A variety of topics is covered.  Details will be coming soon.  Click here to read about the 2005 conference. Boat U.S. is the primary sponsor for the 5th year

        Contact Information
        Please feel free to contact us by any method listed below.
        Telephone
        866-631-NWSA (6972)
        Fax
        781-631-2889
        Mailing address
        70A Pleasant St., Marblehead, MA 01945
        E-mail:

        Letter from our Founder
        I started the National Women's Sailing Association (NWSA) to help women and girls build self-esteem and better futures through education and access to sailing. In eleven years, we broadened the horizons of thousands of women and girls across the country with educational and mentoring programs.
        What a change we've made for young girls in inner cities where gunshots are more common than spontaneous laughter and the simple act of touching water with bare toes from the deck of a sailboat is "awesome."
        What a change we've made for women whose lives were shadowed by dominant forces. Now, with the confidence gained by taking the helm, they stand confidently for their rights with belief in their own abilities.
        But we have so much more to do.  Your contribution to NWSA will help us launch more wonderful programs to help women and girls set personal goals and achieve new heights.
        Whatever you can give is very much appreciated, and will help us continue our educational and empowerment projects as we enter the next decade.
        Many Thanks,
        Doris Colgate
        Founder
        National Women's Sailing Association

        Please Print This Form & Fax or Mail to:
        National Women's Sailing Association
        c/o 70A Pleasant Street
        Marblehead
        , MA 01945

        FAX:
        781 631-2889
        If you wish, you may fill in this form prior to printing.
        Your Name:

        Your street address:

        Line 2:

        City:

        State/Province:

        Postal Code:

        e-mail address:

        Telephone numbers:
        (home)      (work)
        Fax number:

        Occupation:

        Sailing Clubs:

        Own a boat:
        Yes
        No
        If yes:
        Make:

        Model:

        Name:
        Individual Member Benefits:

        Discounted prices on all events and logo items. Advanced notice of all workshops, seminars, boat show packages, and other projects.
        Discounts from travel vendors.
        Crew Connection.
        President's Letter.

        Membership Tax Deductible
        Membership prices are for one year. Please check membership level:
        Student $25  (with a valid student ID)
        Individual $45

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7 11:04 AM
          All of the below links havce been added to ours;

          Accolades

          This course deals with the key cognitive issues associated with the art and science of navigation and communicates them with well crafted prose and exceptional clear graphics.  I found this online material quite valid for our local US sailors & instructors and I strongly recommend it as a splendid teaching tool.
          Ralph Naranjo
          Safety at Sea Committee Chairman US Sailing

          PC Chart plotter and GPS Navigation software

          SeaClear is a PC based chart plotter for Windows 2000/XP/NT/95/98/ME. With a GPS connected it displays the current position, speed, heading and other data on the screen. The chart is repositioned and new charts are loaded automatically as needed. Tracks may be saved to file for later reviewing and log book entries can be manually and automatically entered. Unlimited number of routes and waypoints can be created and used to assist the navigation. The screen area for charts is maximized with most functions accessed with the right mouse button. Zooming is provided with support for IntelliMouse wheel. SeaClear is created for nautical navigation but can probably be used for other navigation needs.

          This site is maintained by Peter Bennett
          (rev. Mar 10, 2006 )
          If you wish to contribute marine, GPS , and NMEA related files to this site please send me email (to Peter Bennett) for upload instructions. Please do NOT send large binaries as email attachments!
          Note that all programs on this site are for MS-DOS or Windows, unless stated otherwise.

          My other sites:

          TracksMaster.com is the worlds #1 site when it comes to sharing GPS tracks. The database will continuously be updated with new tracks so be sure to come by again and don't forget to register for free!

          Tracksmaster.com is a Non-profit site with the concept that You upload (submit) the same number of Tracks/Routes as You download.

          Tracksmaster.com gives You an opportunity to share Your favorite Tracks and Routes with other enthusiastic navigators. But first, please register. This is a necessary step to keep unwanted access to our database. Once again, welcome!