Electric start outboard motors

  • terry regan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2007
      A friend of mine has a 26 ft. sailboat with a (?coil/pull cord start??) that she has a lot of trouble with.  (pulling the cord due to physical limitations)  I asked, "Couldn't you get an outboard with a electric start?". She said that the boat was too small for one.  Is this so?  Do they only make them in larger horsepower?  Not a clue on this one.  If I venture into boat ownership some day this would also be a problem for me, so I'm hoping it's possible to have an electric start o.b.   Thanks,   Terry

    • querencia
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2007

        Terry,

        Tohatsu makes a 8 Hp and a 9.8 Hp Outboard Motor with an optional Electric Start starting at Aprox  $ 1700.00 and up depending

        If you need a long shaft model or an extended long shaft model [ some sailboats need the extended shaft model ] of course then you need

        To buy a battery and battery box if the boat doesn’t already have one

        Here is the link to a great online deal for outboards !!!

        http://www.onlineoutboards.com/?gclid=CIWsuL2Ito0CFQMYFQodgkUJLQ

        Ed Pinanski

        " Querencia "

        1986 Pearson P33-2  # 37

        Beverly,MA [ On the North Shore ]

        Couldn't you get an outboard with a electric start?". She said that the boat was too small for one.  Is this so?  Do they only make them in larger horsepower?
        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)