2007 Summer Sailstice Wrap Up

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2007
      SAIL 2007 SAILORS CELEBRATE GLOBALLY - SAIL LOCALLY!
      SUMMER SAILSTICE JOINS TOGETHER THOUSANDS OF SAILORS
      From Indianapolis to Antigua, the Sea of Cortez and the Marshall islands thousands of sailors started their summer sailing season with a weekend celebration of sailing. On San Francisco Bay we celebrated with over 400 sailors at Treasure Island Sailing Center – over 250 boats participated in Summer Sailstice racing while numerous others participated in a Photo Scavenger Hunt and just cruised in for the fun. Visit us at www.SummerSailstice.com to read more Tales from ’07. If you have your own Sailstice Tales and photos to post send them to: john@...
      Ceclie Ann Witt sailed Antigua for Sailstice2007 WINNERS BEING ANNOUNCED SOON!

      We’ve picked over 300 winners of sailing prizes from the over 60 companies who donated product for 2007. Cecilie Anne Witt was one of the big winners as she spent this year’s Sailstice in Antigua courtesy of American Sailing Association and Sunsail. All other winners will be notified shortly by the contributing companies. Stay tuned for the winners of the Moorings charter, the Hobie Kayak and numerous other prizes for those who signed up and sailed this year!
      Party with your Sailstice shirt on.SUMMER SAILSTICE CLEARANCE SALE!

      We’re down to the last of the 2007 inventory but have a few remaining shirts, hats & burgees in some sizes and colors. If you didn’t manage to get one before the event you can at least sail the rest of the summer with a shirt or burgee now being cleared out at just $10 each. Limited sizes on hand. Order a Summer Sailstice branded hat or t-shirt, wear it and show your support for sailing worldwide all year!
      We had a great, long
spinnaker start to our week of sailing.THE SAIL OF THE ORIGINAL ‘SUMMER SAILSTICE’
      For the Arndt family, the seventh annual Summer Sailstice was one of our best. We started out on our Ranger 33 "Summer Sailstice" with the Summer Sailstice celebration at Treasure Island Sailing Center (www.tisailing.org) and used it as a launching point for a week-long cruise, in the company with four other boats, up the California Delta.

      One of the best things about Summer Sailstice is the long hours of daylight sailing available. We started out with a gentle, 30-mile sail up river to Benecia and then spent the next nine days enjoying life aboard. For the full story, visit us online!
      Sun sets on this year's Summer Sailstice.SAVE THE DATE: JUNE 21 & 22 - 2008 AND VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
      By a quirk of the calendar 2008 is a leap year and the actual solstice will move from Thursday in 2007 to Saturday in 2008 although (depending on which website you visit) it may be 6/20 at 23:59 or 6/21 at 00:00! We’ll let the astronomers figure that one out but in either case you should put your Summer Sailstice celebration on the calendar now for the weekend of June 21/22. And common sense would suggest you hedge your bets and include Friday the 20th to make a three day Summer Sailstice weekend holiday out of it!

      VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR 2008 SUMMER SAILSTICE

      Help Wanted! Summer Sailstice is looking for some more folks to help spread the word and unite the world of sailors in a common celebration of sail. We are always looking for PR, website design/production, graphic design and marketing help. And, if you’ve enjoyed participating and connecting with sailors on Summer Sailstice in the past few years, why not sign up as a local or global Summer Sailstice ambassador to help connect your club or fleet to be part of next year’s sailing holiday. Learn more at www.SummerSailstice.com.
      Summer Sailstice thanks the following supporters:

      Sailtime, Moorings, West Marine, Hunter Marine, Offshore Sailing School, Hobie Cat, US Sailing, Hobie Kayaks, SAIL Magazine, Shockles, North Sails, Harken, Yachting World, Sail America, Dubarry, UK-Halsey Sailmakers, Spinsheet, Blue Water Sailing, DeWitt Galleries, Landfall Navigation, Sailor Bags, Davis Instruments, Latitude 38, Sunsail, B & G, Vanguard Sailboats, 48 North, Boatblender, Ronstan, Ocean Navigator, Dry Creek Vineyard, Pineapple Sails, PeelAway Marine Safety Strip, Sailing Magazine, American Sailing Association, Lewmar, Points East Magazine, Doyle Sails, OCSC Sailing, Selden Spars, Dave Gale Books, Cruising World, Sailing World, Tom Varley and the Sun Dogs, The Cow Bay Cruz Boys, DIY Boat Owner Magazine, Sunsail, Good Old Boat, Beneteau, sailboatowners.com, DryShirt/SailingProShop, Reeds Nautical Almanac, Windcheck, Steiner Binoculars, GBG Inc., Oceangrafix, Schooner Fare, Yale Cordage, The Ultimate Sailing Calendar, Achilles Inflatables, Team McLube, Forespar, Schaefer Marine, Latitude 43 Organic Boat Soap, International Marine Publications, Gul Apparel, Nauti Gear, New England Ropes, Bluestorm, Cruising Direct, Doyle Marine, San Juan Sailing, Woodenboat, Team Shosholoza

      Summer Sailstice
      6 Jersey Lane - San Anselmo CA 94960 - 415-482-6069
      john@...

      Our Privacy Policy protects you! Your email will never be shared with any external parties! Check out our privacy policy at www.summersailstice.com We look forward to sailing with you again in 2006! Sail locally, celebrate globally.

        Sail Locally, celebrate globally

        Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Confirm | Forward