Sailing Opportunities

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2007
      Sailors,

      I have heard from many of you that you are most interested in finding opportunities to get on the water. The best way is to come to the meetups and meet other sailors! Here are a few others:

      Community Boating on the Charles River
      http://www.community-boating.org/
      $199 for a full season membership, which includes unlimited classes.
      Boats include Mercury 14's, Sonars, and others.
      There is often crew available right at the dock.

      Courageous Sailing Center in Charlestown
      http://www.courageoussailing.org/
      $595 for a full season membership, classes are extra but inexpensive.
      Boats include Rhodes 19's, Sonars, and some cruising boats.

      Bareboat Charter Class
      SailTime Boston is holding a Bareboat Charter class July 28-29. This is a 2-day trip with an overnight in Provincetown. The class follows the ASA 104 plan and can result in certification. This class is appropriate for someone who has some experience sailing a cruising boat. The cost is $600. This is a class, a chance to go sailing for 2 full days, and a vacation at all once! Contact me for details at dougg@.... Only 2 spots left.

      If anyone else finds some good sailing opportunities, please feel free to post them for the group.

      Doug

      Douglyss Giuliana     dgiuliana@...