Summer Cruise Itinerary Pictures etc ... S/V Ruby departs Saturday

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 16, 2007

      Bill:
      I went sailing on Saturday and met up with some folks who had been to
      Edgartown via the ferry. They are sailors and said the current at the
      narrows, where the chappy ferry runs, is about 5-7 knts. It is so bad
      that the ferry doesn't run parallel anymore. One vessel has to make a
      dog leg route and then it sort of crashes into the building on the
      Edgartown side. Maybe staying on the outside past the cabanas is ok,
      but getting into town on a dinghy might be a challenge. Anyway have a
      good time. Looking forward to your report.
      Monica

      ….

      Got a little couch potato?

    • C Spear
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2007
        Hi Bill,

        I was hoping to run into you in Boston this weekend, but it looks like you are leaving.
        We are heading for Maine a week from Saturday.  Linda is feeling more at home on the boat and behind the wheel.  She is actually helping me plan the trip using the charts.  Now she can understand why some harbors are not suitable for a boat with a 6' draft, or when there is a 5 mile trek to the mooring field.

        Have a good vacation,

        Craig Spear

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 18, 2007
          Hello Craig & Linda ,

          I’m sorry we’ll miss your Boston visit.

          We’ll be in Scituate this Sat.; Onset or Red Brook Harbor on Sunday; Vineyard Haven M, T & W …  Falmouth (or Hyannis) on Thrs.; back to Red Brook (Kingman Marine) on Friday; Plymouth or Scituate on Saturday and back home to WYC on Sunday.

          Unfortunately it seems like this will be our only extended summer cruise this year.

          We’ll be in Hull on Aug. 18/19;  Gloucester Aug. 25/26;  P-Town Aug. 31 => Sept. 4th.

          Craig & Linda , it’s good to hear Linda is enjoying cruising and she is taking an active part in planning, navigating and piloting.  It sounds like she’ll be ready for Sailing 201 or a Coastal Cruising courses soon.

          Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.