Anyone have a pair of old oars laying around?

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 9, 2007

      MA
      02767

      62 E MONTVALE AVE
      STONEHAM
      MA
      02180

      WE BUY, SELL & TRADE
      USED & NEW SPORTS GEAR & EQUIPMENT
      For over 20 years, Play It Again Sports® has been the preferred store of value-conscious consumers because we buy, sell and trade used and new sports equipment and gear. Because our customers can sell or trade in their quality used sports gear for cash or store credit, they are able to get deeper discounts and better prices on really great used and new equipment.
      Our stores are individually owned and operated by moms and dads just like you who understand money does not grow on trees. But because kids grow, their equipment needs change every year which is why USED SPORTS GEAR makes so much cents and our NEW SPORTS GEAR provides ultra high value.
      You've shopped the rest, now shop the best!
      Play It Smart, Play It Again Sports®.

    • terry regan
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 9, 2007
        Hi Philip,  When you say old oars do you mean wooden ones?  I have 3 dingy oars (don't ask :-) that you can have for free.  They are plastic though.  I'm getting ready to just fling them, so let me know.    Terry

        Phillip <7tiger7@...> wrote:
        If anyone happens to have an old pair of oars, and / or oarlocks which
        you no longet need, I'd be happy to take purchase them from you...
        Thanks
        Phillip

        Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
        in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

      • Phillip
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 9, 2007
          Hi Terry -
          I'll take anything at this point, until I have enough money for
          luxuries (like shiny wooden oars). Can I pick them up some time this
          week from you? Are you near Boston?
          Thanks
          Phillip
          (7tiger7@...)
        • terry regan
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 10, 2007
            Hi Phillip,  I'm about 25 miles west of Boston.  I can arrange to meet you half/way.  I'm usually in Framingham a few times a week and will head a little further east.  How about Wellesley?  There's a Wholefoods store in there downtown area (Only business I can think of at this time of the morning pre-coffee).    Terry

            (7tiger7@gmail. com)

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 10, 2007
              Hello,

              A friends of mine is seeking to buy a 8 to 9 foot used inflatable Dinghy.

              If you or someone you know has one for sale please contact

              John

              Got a little couch potato?
            • Phillip
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 10, 2007
                Hi Bill -
                I just saw a 9' dinghy for $200 new, at Ocean State Job Lot in
                Norwood. Not the best quality in the world, but it's not made from
                that pool-toy vinal either. Actually made of rubber, seems pretty
                sturdy.

                --- In MassBaySailors@yahoogroups.com, Bill Scanlon
                <Catalina30Ruby@...> wrote:

                > Hello,
                >
                > A friends of mine is seeking to buy a 8 to 9 foot used
                inflatable Dinghy.

                > If you or someone you know has one for sale please contact
                >
                > John
                >
                > mooringmaster@...
                >

                > Bill Scanlon
                > USCG Master 50 GT Inland Waters
                > Towing & Sailing Endorsements
                > Lic. # 1092926
                >
                > 1984 Catalina 30
                > "Ruby"
                > Std. Rig Hull# 3688
                > Winthrop (Mass.) Yacht Club
                >
                > Navigare necesse est, vivere non est necesse
                >

                > ---------------------------------
                > Got a little couch potato?

              • Gary Conley
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 10, 2007
                  There was one advertised for sale at East Boston Marina - Don't recall the price but remember it struck me as good.

                  Gary

                  A friends of mine is seeking to buy a 8 to 9 foot used inflatable Dinghy.

                  If you or someone you know has one for sale please contact

                  John

                  Got a little couch potato?

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 10, 2007
                    Hi Philip,

                    Because I am currently working in Norwood, I may go check it out, though, I doubt it is of the quality needed for its intended use ...  i.e. you get what you pay-for ...

                    Thanks!

                    Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 10, 2007
                      Hi Gary,

                      I am not familiar with "East Boston Marina" ?

                      Is this a Marine Supply Store?    What's its address?

                      Thanks!

                      Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
                    • Phillip
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 10, 2007
                        Hi Bill -
                        Well, it's not something I would plan to use for extended cruising,
                        but I think if it is just used to get from a dock to a mooring, it
                        might last a season or two, until he can find a quality one at a
                        good price.
                        Let me know how it turns out!
                        Phillip

                        <Catalina30Ruby@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Philip,
                        >
                        > Because I am currently working in Norwood, I may go check it
                        out, though, I doubt it is of the quality needed for its intended
                        use ... i.e. you get what you pay-for ...

                        > Thanks!
                        >

                        > Bill Scanlon
                        > USCG Master 50 GT Inland Waters
                        > Towing & Sailing Endorsements
                        > Lic. # 1092926
                        >
                        > 1984 Catalina 30
                        > "Ruby"
                        > Std. Rig Hull# 3688
                        > Winthrop (Mass.) Yacht Club
                        >
                        > Navigare necesse est, vivere non est necesse
                        >

                        > ---------------------------------
                        someone who knows.
                        > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

                      • Phillip
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 10, 2007
                          Gary -
                          are you refering to the message-board on the outside of the small
                          white building, near the fuel dock? I saw an ad for an inflatable
                          there last weekend, and called the number, but if I recall the
                          gentleman was asking over $1,000 for the boat (but it was a fairly
                          new inflatable, I forget if it was Zodiac or Avon or such...)
                          Cheers
                          Phillip

                          --- In MassBaySailors@yahoogroups.com, Gary Conley <gary.conley@...>
                          wrote:

                          > There was one advertised for sale at East Boston Marina - Don't
                          recall the
                          > price but remember it struck me as good.
                          >
                          > Gary
                          >

                          > _____

                          fr=oni_on_
                          > mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz"summer activities for
                          kids.

                          > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                          7/9/2007
                          > 5:22 PM

                          > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                          7/9/2007
                          > 5:22 PM

                        • Gary Conley
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 10, 2007
                            Hi Phillip - Yes I think that was right.  I know I bought my new Walker Bay 10' last year at about 3000,

                            href="mailto:MassBaySailors%40yahoogroups.com">MassBaySailors@ yahoogroups. com
                            > A friends of mine is seeking to buy a 8 to 9 foot used inflatable
                            Dinghy.

                            > If you or someone you know has one for sale please
                            contact

                            > John
                            >
                            > HYPERLINK
                            "mailto:mooringmast er@..."mooringma ster@...

                            > Bill Scanlon
                            > USCG Master 50 GT Inland Waters

                            Towing & Sailing Endorsements
                            > Lic. # 1092926
                            >
                            > 1984
                            Catalina 30
                            > "Ruby"
                            > Std. Rig Hull# 3688
                            > Winthrop (Mass.)
                            Yacht Club

                            > Navigare necesse est, vivere non est necesse
                            >

                            > _____
                            >
                            > Got a little couch potato?

                            Check out fun HYPERLINK
                            href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48248/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?">http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ evt=48248/ *http://search. yahoo.com/ search?
                            fr=oni_on_

                            mail&p=summer+ activities+ for+kids& cs=bz"summer activities for
                            kids.

                            > No virus found in
                            this incoming message.
                            > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                            > Version:
                            7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.2/893 - Release Date:
                            7/9/2007
                            > 5:22
                            PM

                            > No virus found in this outgoing
                            message.
                            > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                            Database: 269.10.2/893 - Release Date:
                            7/9/2007
                            > 5:22
                            PM

                            Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                            Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                          • Gary Conley
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 10, 2007
                              Sorry - It is Boston Harbor Marina in East Boston on Marginal Street - Next to Piers Park

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 10, 2007
                                Boston Shipyard and Marina
                                256 Marginal St
                                East Boston, MA

                                Boston Boatworks
                                256 Marginal St
                                East Boston, MA

                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 10, 2007
                                  I don't think that you can find a dinghy that is safe to board from a boat for less than about $800.
                                  Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 2:00 PM

                                  wrote:

                                  > There was one advertised for sale at East Boston Marina - Don't
                                  recall the
                                  > price but remember it struck me as good.
                                  >
                                  > Gary
                                  >

                                  > _____

                                  7/9/2007
                                  > 5:22 PM