RE: [MassBaySailors] Spectacl Isl. Invasion / Outstanding Marina Management

  • Bette O'Connor
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 9, 2007
      Hi Bill,

      My boat is at Constituion Marin and my experience is they bend over
      backwards and go the extra mile to help boat owners at that marina.
      Personally I can not say enough nice things about how Sebastian runs the
      dock and crew.

      Bette

      >From: Bill Scanlon <Catalina30Ruby@...>
      >To: MassBaySailors@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [MassBaySailors] Spectacl Isl. Invasion / Outstanding Marina
      >Management
      >Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 10:28:56 -0700 (PDT)
      >
      >Hi Larry/All,
      >
      > Larry I totally agree with you. I plan on writing as well and maybe
      >even the local news papers. I was planning on collecting all the nice
      >things said here and forwarding them off to Constitution etc .. Another
      >organization who'll be pleased to hear of the outstanding Island Marina
      >management is the Boston Harbor Alliance, the fiscal caretakers of the
      >islands.
      >
      > The person to write there is;
      >
      > Laurie Jackson ljackson@...
      >
      > If you write please tell Laurie that you accompanied MBS/Bill Scanlon
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Larry ... i.e. especially your wife Andrea, So typical, I do all the
      >work, she gets all the glory ... ;-)
      >

      > Bill Scanlon
      > USCG Master 50 GT Inland Waters
      >Towing & Sailing Endorsements
      >Lic. # 1092926
      >
      > 1984 Catalina 30
      > "Ruby"
      > Std. Rig Hull# 3688
      > Winthrop (Mass.) Yacht Club
      >
      > Navigare necesse est, vivere non est necesse
      >

      >---------------------------------
      >Bored stiff? Loosen up...
      >Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.

      Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!�
      http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 9, 2007
        Hello Bette ,

        Welcome!

        You are 1 of several new MBS members to join recently, we are now up to 270 people.

        Bette , Constitution has certainly been a rock-solid Boston Marina as long as I can remember.  They seem to be doing many things right including hiring Cathy & Howie.

        Bette , you and all recent MBS who have not yet posted a introductory e-mail, please consider doing so.  Consider including; your name, general home location, hailing port, your sailing experience (or lack there of, there’s no shame in being a beginner, there are ample among us), sailing aspirations, interesting/special cruises you have taken, courses, certifications etc..

        Your crewing interests?  Crewing needs?

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 9, 2007
          Hello,

          Those of you who have digital pictures of this weekend please e-mail them to me off-list directly.  I'll post them to my WebShots Library.

          Thanks

          Bill

        • Jill
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 9, 2007
            Hi - I just wanted to say thank you to Bill for organizing and getting
            the 1st Annual Invasion of Spectacle Island off to a rip roaring
            start. It was great to meet you all and I know I speak for everyone I
            was with - we had a great time.

            Also - Cathy and her crew were great - it's far and few between these
            days when you see that type of service.

            I'd be very interested in joining you all for the anual Labor Day
            P-town invasion, so if anyone is looking for crew for that trip -
            please let me know.

            Thanks again and hope to see you soon - Jill