Sailing Books, one more

  • Arnold Brown
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 6, 2007
      I'd like to Humbly suggest one addtion to the list. It's really just
      about knots, but the narrative with the info is pretty good. The
      author actually also did all the illustrations himself. I just
      picked it up to loan to a friend and, of course, got drawn back into it.
      You can never know too many knots.

      "The Arts of the Sailor" - by Hervey Garrett Smith.

      I can't seem to get this link to turn blue (i.e. linkable,) so you
      have to cut & paste to your browser window to see the cover etc.

      http://www.amazon.com/Arts-Sailor-Knotting-Splicing-Ropework/dp/0486264408

      Regards;

      AFB