Re: [MassBaySailors] First solo sail today!!!!

  • Theresa Audet
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2007
      Congrats Terry!
      I completely understand your passion! When I got my Cat Capri 16.5 I
      sailed in it on our little pond EVERY DAY in April rain. I had even
      kayaked around the pond smashing ice with my paddle so i'd encourage
      open water to return more quickly...IT WORKED! I was told about RPCS
      also and am going to try to join this summer after my school year ends.
      Though I'm 1 1/2 hours away up here in NH I would gladly drive 3 times
      that for the chance to sail. :) Enjoy the feeling...it's like no other !
      PS: My 'Jibberish' cost less than 2000 and has probably sailed that many
      miles over 2 years, so it IS possible and affordable! :) Resa

      >>> "Theresa" <luvssailing1212@...> 05/22/07 9:16 PM >>>
      After 2 seasons of sailing on OPB's I finally did my first solo sail
      today. Thrilled!!!!!! I joined RPCS and have access to a boat anytime
      they're open. Sailing a little boat sure is different, but I know it's
      the best way to learn. Now I really want a boat of my own. This could
      be dangerous. Perusing the Internet, eyes glazing over, checkbook in
      hand. Have to get a grip...lol. Tomorrow it's off to the Cape for a
      ride on a trimaran. Yipeeeeee. Then this weekend a trip to the
      Northshore for a day of sailing on a big boat. I really like the idea
      of a big boat with a keel, instead of a centerboard on a 14ft. Don't
      relish the thought of the "big splash". I think next season I'll join
      Courageous for ocean experience (do they let you go out of the
      harbor?) I think Vino belongs. Does anyone know off hand what boats
      they have?? Well that's it for me today. I think I've died and gone
      to heaven. Planning to sail myself silly, Terry
    • Steve Dahill
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2007
        HI Terry,

        Congrats!

        Like you, I'm constantly perusing the internet wishing for a boat.

        I was a member of Courageous last season. The fleet is mostly Rhodes
        19 and a few J22's that I think you have to qualify for.

        They let you sail the outer harbor and once a month will even tow you
        out there.

        They also have a cruising membership.

        --- In MassBaySailors@yahoogroups.com, "Theresa"