Sakonnet Harbor

  • michaelelliott2
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2007
      What can anyone tell me about Sakonnet Harbor in Little Commons, RI.
      The delivery captain delivering my new boat was going meet me in
      Newport but due to some misfortunes he ended up having to leave it in
      Sakonnet for me to pickup. Is there diesel available there? What
      other facilities are available there?

      Thanks?

      Michael Elliott
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2007
        Go to Marinas.com and see if there is anything .. I am pretty sure there is
        diesel, and it is not too far from Newport anyway
        Ahmet
        www.sailnomad.com

        > What can anyone tell me about Sakonnet Harbor in Little Commons, RI.
        > The delivery captain delivering my new boat was going meet me in
        > Newport but due to some misfortunes he ended up having to leave it in
        > Sakonnet for me to pickup. Is there diesel available there? What
        > other facilities are available there?
        >
        > Thanks?
        >
        > Michael Elliott
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Tim Haibach
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2007
          Having just moved my boat this past weekend from New London up to Boston, this was a potential stopping point. I didn't end up stopping, but here is some info on the marina there.

          5 Bluff Head Ave, Little Compton, RI
          (401) 635-4753

          Tim Haibach
          S/V "Harmony"
          1985 Catalina 27
          Now In- New London, CT

          Catalina27.net

          Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2007
            Hi Tim,

            Congratulations on your successful delivery of your new Catalina 27.  It will be nice to have you among us on Winthrop Harbor.

            How did the delivery go?  Weather? Boat Handing?  Keeping dry & warm? Unusual sights?

            Did you take pictures?  If so, please share them.

            Tim, I hope you & Angela are available to join us for Cinco de Mayo this Saturday night at WYC.

            We wish you many good sailing years with your new vessel.

            Bill

            Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2007
              Tim, I just checked my tool box and my packing puller is missing. West Marine should have them, as that's where I bought mine. Welcome to Winthrop.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 2, 2007
                --- In MassBaySailors@yahoogroups.com, "michaelelliott2"
                <beneteau373@...> wrote:

                > What can anyone tell me about Sakonnet Harbor in Little Commons, RI.

                > Michael Elliott

                Sakonnet Harbor is a great place to stop. Two rental moorings are
                available thru the harbor master. An evening walk out to the light
                house can't be beat! Fuel is available at the small marina. Ice and the
                dingy dock is located at the yacht club.

                Bill "TRINITY" Corsair 31 trimaran