Interclub dinghy for sale

  • dirtydozen38
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2007
      I hate to have to do this, but I am now in a situation where I have to sell my boat. It looks
      like I am moving to Japan next year and it is going to cost too much to store it. I have only
      had time to sail it a few times, mostly on lake Onita in the Berkshires. Being a novice and
      not having the correct gear, I was never comfortable about sailing it in the winter (what it
      was meant for). So what you get it a good boat that has little additional wear since I got it.

      The boat is an Interclub 11'6" dinghy (read more at www.interclub.org). It came from the
      Scituate fleet. I would describe the boat as used and in good condition. It could use a little
      touch up if you are concerned with the cosmetics – though really it would be minimal. The
      racing sails are in good condition (practically new as the guy I bought it from described
      them). It has been stored covered and is ready to sail (Sail and Rudder have been stored
      inside my apartment). As of right now I am not sure of any numbers, who manufactured it,
      or what year. If you contact me I will see what information I can get, or I can contact
      previous seller and see what he knows. The boat comes with what I assume is all you need
      for racing – including chalks and charts for setting the centerboard. I will post pictures in
      the group picture section that the previous seller took. I can provide more if you contact
      me. The boat is being sold as is, and the sale is final – mostly because I will not be around
      to offer any repairs or take it back – BUT I would never expect you to buy it sight unseen. I
      live in Western Massachusetts and you can spend a wonderful day out here taking a look at
      it and enjoy what Massatucky has to offer, or if you are serious buyer, I can drive it out
      your way (with in reason) and have you look it over before purchase. I am fairly flexible if
      given enough notice.

      It comes with a trailer, which is in ok shape, I would imagine it might need tires in a few
      years, and I think I need to put a new brake light system on it. I can do this rather easily,
      or you can save yourself $50 off the sale price by doing it yourself. I was told that by law
      all you really need is a red flag hanging off the farthest point of the trailer.

      For the Boat and Trailer: $ 1,300.00
      For just the Boat: $1,100.00

      My name is Joe and I can be contacted at: gerthja–gmail.com (replace the "-" with an "@"
      sign, this is my attempt to keep down spamming). You can also call if you have any
      questions, just email for the phone number.