Re: How many Atomic 4 owners or former owners do we have ?

  • Larry Robertie
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 26 6:52 AM
      The Catalina 27 email list might be a good source of information. I
      had the Universal diesel, but a lot of the other owners seemed to
      have A4's. It's a good group, quite a bit of converstation.
      www.catalina27.org to sign up (you don't have to be a member)

      Also, Torrensen Marine (www.marinedieseldirect.com) has some great
      boards for diesel, thay might also for gas, not sure.

      Larry Robertie
      Ruach
      Salem, MA
      year 2000 Catalina 34mkII

      > We have a WYC and MBS member who just purchased a Pearson 28 from
      another WYC member. This P28 has an A4 engine and the new owner has
      little familiarity with it.

      > I thought I would post this message allowing him to network and
      make some connections for future consultations. Do you know of an A4
      users group? A book to own?

      > So, if you have or had an Atomic A4 please reply!
      >
      > On this same note can any of you recommend a good A4 mechanic
      that this new owner can have as a reference.

      > Thank you!
      >
      > Bill

    • Moore, Gregg
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 26 8:30 AM

        Moyer Marine, definitely.  Ken (who usually answers the phone down there) is a great guy, in fact I have his number on speed dial still even though I no longer have the engine…

        They have a workshop manual that’s a must have, cost $50 bucks or so.  I just sold my Catalina 30 which had a very dependable Atomic4.  That said, I had it rebuilt by a guy in RI who knew the thing inside out, fair pricing too.  I will e-mail back later today with his contact info, been looking for it for Gary W. (and haven’t uncovered it yet).  Its in Lincoln RI, I’ll think of it sooner or later…  he’s an auto mechanic, not a boat guy so its hard to just ‘look him up’…

        -g

        We have a WYC and MBS member who just purchased a Pearson 28 from another WYC member.  This P28 has an A4 engine and the new owner has little familiarity with it.

        I thought I would post this message allowing him to network and make some connections for future consultations.  Do you know of an A4 users group?  A book to own?

        So, if you have or had an Atomic A4 please reply!

        On this same note can any of you recommend a good A4 mechanic that this new owner can have as a reference.

        Thank you!

        Bill

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 28 5:41 AM
          He guys, my friend Bob knows his boats, looks like he found a good deal
          for
          someone.  It is in NJ on the Hudson River.

          Let me know and I will get more information, etc.

          Leo

          Leo Corsetti

          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2007
            I have an O'Day 27 that I recently replaced the A4 (in 2005) I purchased
            through Moyer Marine and Ken was very helpful and knowlagable. I have
            the manual to go with it so if I can help at all just ask.
            --- In MassBaySailors@yahoogroups.com, "Moore, Gregg" <Gregg.Moore@...>
            wrote:

            > Moyer Marine, definitely. Ken (who usually answers the phone down
            > there) is a great guy, in fact I have his number on speed dial still
            > even though I no longer have the engine...
            >

            > They have a workshop manual that's a must have, cost $50 bucks or so.
            > just sold my Catalina 30 which had a very dependable Atomic4. That
            > said, I had it rebuilt by a guy in RI who knew the thing inside out,
            > fair pricing too. I will e-mail back later today with his contact
            info,
            > been looking for it for Gary W. (and haven't uncovered it yet). Its in
            > Lincoln RI, I'll think of it sooner or later... he's an auto mechanic,
            > not a boat guy so its hard to just 'look him up'...
            >

            > -g
            >

            > ________________________________

            <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http:/autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_

            ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM-

          • Tim Haibach
            Message 5 of 7 , May 3, 2007

              www.atomic4.com <---ignition kit and other supplies

              There are still several rebuilt A4's kicking around like champs. Just remember to use the bilge blower prior to start up!

              Tim Haibach
              S/V "Harmony"
              1985 Catalina 27
              Boston, MA