Re: [MassBaySailors] How many Atomic 4 owners or former owners do we have ?

  • smosher@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 26, 2007
      >From: Bill Scanlon <Catalina30Ruby@...>
      >Date: 2007/04/26 Thu AM 08:40:08 CDT
      >To: MassBay Sailors <massbaysailors@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [MassBaySailors] How many Atomic 4 owners or former owners do we have ?

      Hi Bill, there's several forums 1 at yahoo and another at sailnet.

      THE place for all A4 is http://www.moyermarine.com

      I have one in my P30 and its simple to keep going and just runs.

      Steve

      > Hello,     We have a WYC and MBS member who just purchased a Pearson 28 from another WYC member.  This P28 has an A4 engine and the new owner has little familiarity with it.    I thought I would post this message allowing him to network and make some connections for future consultations.  Do you know of an A4 users group?  A book to own?   So, if you have or had an Atomic A4 please reply!   On this same note can any of you recommend a good A4 mechanic that this new owner can have as a reference.    Thank you!   Bill
      > Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.
    • Larry Robertie
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 26, 2007
        The Catalina 27 email list might be a good source of information. I
        had the Universal diesel, but a lot of the other owners seemed to
        have A4's. It's a good group, quite a bit of converstation.
        www.catalina27.org to sign up (you don't have to be a member)

        Also, Torrensen Marine (www.marinedieseldirect.com) has some great
        boards for diesel, thay might also for gas, not sure.

        Larry Robertie
        Ruach
        Salem, MA
        year 2000 Catalina 34mkII

        > We have a WYC and MBS member who just purchased a Pearson 28 from
        another WYC member. This P28 has an A4 engine and the new owner has
        little familiarity with it.

        > I thought I would post this message allowing him to network and
        make some connections for future consultations. Do you know of an A4
        users group? A book to own?

        > So, if you have or had an Atomic A4 please reply!
        >
        > On this same note can any of you recommend a good A4 mechanic
        that this new owner can have as a reference.

        > Thank you!
        >
        > Bill

      • Moore, Gregg
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 26, 2007

          Moyer Marine, definitely.  Ken (who usually answers the phone down there) is a great guy, in fact I have his number on speed dial still even though I no longer have the engine…

          They have a workshop manual that’s a must have, cost $50 bucks or so.  I just sold my Catalina 30 which had a very dependable Atomic4.  That said, I had it rebuilt by a guy in RI who knew the thing inside out, fair pricing too.  I will e-mail back later today with his contact info, been looking for it for Gary W. (and haven’t uncovered it yet).  Its in Lincoln RI, I’ll think of it sooner or later…  he’s an auto mechanic, not a boat guy so its hard to just ‘look him up’…

          -g

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 28, 2007
            He guys, my friend Bob knows his boats, looks like he found a good deal
            for
            someone.  It is in NJ on the Hudson River.

            Let me know and I will get more information, etc.

            Leo

            Leo Corsetti

            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2007
              I have an O'Day 27 that I recently replaced the A4 (in 2005) I purchased
              through Moyer Marine and Ken was very helpful and knowlagable. I have
              the manual to go with it so if I can help at all just ask.
              --- In MassBaySailors@yahoogroups.com, "Moore, Gregg" <Gregg.Moore@...>
              wrote:

              > Moyer Marine, definitely. Ken (who usually answers the phone down
              > there) is a great guy, in fact I have his number on speed dial still
              > even though I no longer have the engine...
              >

              > They have a workshop manual that's a must have, cost $50 bucks or so.
              > just sold my Catalina 30 which had a very dependable Atomic4. That
              > said, I had it rebuilt by a guy in RI who knew the thing inside out,
              > fair pricing too. I will e-mail back later today with his contact
              info,
              > been looking for it for Gary W. (and haven't uncovered it yet). Its in
              > Lincoln RI, I'll think of it sooner or later... he's an auto mechanic,
              > not a boat guy so its hard to just 'look him up'...
              >

              > -g
              >

              > ________________________________

              <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http:/autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_

              ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM-

            • Tim Haibach
              Message 6 of 7 , May 3, 2007

                www.atomic4.com <---ignition kit and other supplies

                There are still several rebuilt A4's kicking around like champs. Just remember to use the bilge blower prior to start up!

                Tim Haibach
                S/V "Harmony"
                1985 Catalina 27
                Boston, MA