How many Atomic 4 owners or former owners do we have ?

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 26, 2007
      Hello,

      We have a WYC and MBS member who just purchased a Pearson 28 from another WYC member.  This P28 has an A4 engine and the new owner has little familiarity with it.

      I thought I would post this message allowing him to network and make some connections for future consultations.  Do you know of an A4 users group?  A book to own?

      So, if you have or had an Atomic A4 please reply!

      On this same note can any of you recommend a good A4 mechanic that this new owner can have as a reference.

      Thank you!

      Bill

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

    • smosher@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 26, 2007
        >From: Bill Scanlon <Catalina30Ruby@...>
        >Date: 2007/04/26 Thu AM 08:40:08 CDT
        >To: MassBay Sailors <massbaysailors@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [MassBaySailors] How many Atomic 4 owners or former owners do we have ?

        Hi Bill, there's several forums 1 at yahoo and another at sailnet.

        THE place for all A4 is http://www.moyermarine.com

        I have one in my P30 and its simple to keep going and just runs.

        Steve

        > Hello,     We have a WYC and MBS member who just purchased a Pearson 28 from another WYC member.  This P28 has an A4 engine and the new owner has little familiarity with it.    I thought I would post this message allowing him to network and make some connections for future consultations.  Do you know of an A4 users group?  A book to own?   So, if you have or had an Atomic A4 please reply!   On this same note can any of you recommend a good A4 mechanic that this new owner can have as a reference.    Thank you!   Bill
        > Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      • Larry Robertie
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 26, 2007
          The Catalina 27 email list might be a good source of information. I
          had the Universal diesel, but a lot of the other owners seemed to
          have A4's. It's a good group, quite a bit of converstation.
          www.catalina27.org to sign up (you don't have to be a member)

          Also, Torrensen Marine (www.marinedieseldirect.com) has some great
          boards for diesel, thay might also for gas, not sure.

          Larry Robertie
          Ruach
          Salem, MA
          year 2000 Catalina 34mkII

          > We have a WYC and MBS member who just purchased a Pearson 28 from
          another WYC member. This P28 has an A4 engine and the new owner has
          little familiarity with it.

          > I thought I would post this message allowing him to network and
          make some connections for future consultations. Do you know of an A4
          users group? A book to own?

          > So, if you have or had an Atomic A4 please reply!
          >
          > On this same note can any of you recommend a good A4 mechanic
          that this new owner can have as a reference.

          > Thank you!
          >
          > Bill

        • Moore, Gregg
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 26, 2007

            Moyer Marine, definitely.  Ken (who usually answers the phone down there) is a great guy, in fact I have his number on speed dial still even though I no longer have the engine…

            They have a workshop manual that’s a must have, cost $50 bucks or so.  I just sold my Catalina 30 which had a very dependable Atomic4.  That said, I had it rebuilt by a guy in RI who knew the thing inside out, fair pricing too.  I will e-mail back later today with his contact info, been looking for it for Gary W. (and haven’t uncovered it yet).  Its in Lincoln RI, I’ll think of it sooner or later…  he’s an auto mechanic, not a boat guy so its hard to just ‘look him up’…

            -g

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 28, 2007
              He guys, my friend Bob knows his boats, looks like he found a good deal
              for
              someone.  It is in NJ on the Hudson River.

              Let me know and I will get more information, etc.

              Leo

              Leo Corsetti

              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2007
                I have an O'Day 27 that I recently replaced the A4 (in 2005) I purchased
                through Moyer Marine and Ken was very helpful and knowlagable. I have
                the manual to go with it so if I can help at all just ask.
                --- In MassBaySailors@yahoogroups.com, "Moore, Gregg" <Gregg.Moore@...>
                wrote:

                > Moyer Marine, definitely. Ken (who usually answers the phone down
                > there) is a great guy, in fact I have his number on speed dial still
                > even though I no longer have the engine...
                >

                > They have a workshop manual that's a must have, cost $50 bucks or so.
                > just sold my Catalina 30 which had a very dependable Atomic4. That
                > said, I had it rebuilt by a guy in RI who knew the thing inside out,
                > fair pricing too. I will e-mail back later today with his contact
                info,
                > been looking for it for Gary W. (and haven't uncovered it yet). Its in
                > Lincoln RI, I'll think of it sooner or later... he's an auto mechanic,
                > not a boat guy so its hard to just 'look him up'...
                >

                > -g
                >

                > ________________________________

                <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http:/autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_

                ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM-

              • Tim Haibach
                Message 7 of 7 , May 3, 2007

                  www.atomic4.com <---ignition kit and other supplies

                  There are still several rebuilt A4's kicking around like champs. Just remember to use the bilge blower prior to start up!

                  Tim Haibach
                  S/V "Harmony"
                  1985 Catalina 27
                  Boston, MA