Re: [MassBaySailors] greetings and question

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2007
      Hi John,

      I missed your e-mail earlier.

      Your Tahiti & Picton Castle adventures sure sound exciting, I know I am envious.

      Good luck with them and enjoy!!

      J G <johng100@...> wrote:
      Greetings to the MassBay Sailors group. I have been lurking here for
      several months and enjoy reading all the postings of the group
      members. I have a general question for the group, but first i guess I
      should introduce myself.

      I am an avid sailor, but don't own a boat. I have been sailing for
      many years on friends boats and on charters. I have several
      certifications including coastal cruising courses and a navigation
      course from the USCG.

      I am also the crew advisor for a Venture Crew in Westborough MA. We
      have done 3 sailing trips in the BVI with the venture crew in the past
      6 years. A venture crew is part of the boy scouts of america, but we
      are a coed group, similar to an explorer post.

      In may of 2008 I will be joining the Barque Picton Castle on their 5th
      world voyage. So i will be spending 13 months sailing around the world
      on a square rigger.

      Now for a general, non-New England question... On April 18th I will be
      heading to Tahiti with a group of friends for a two week charter. We
      have 2 boats that will be staying together all the time. I am the
      captain of one of the boats. Does anyone have any good suggestions of
      things we should be sure not to miss? Any tips of things we should
      avoid or any other suggestions?

      Thanks to all.

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.