mooring fees

  • Westy Egmont
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2007

      It is good to have an updated cruising guide to know the call channel and telephone numbers as well as the different options in each harbor.

      Google is also a fine way to see specifics which differ with each situation, especially the length of your boat and slip vs mooring.

      Here is what the Oak Bluffs web site reports:

      Dockage (per foot) & Mooring Rates:

      Boat Size

      In Season

      Off Season*

      30' to 40 '

      41' to 69'

      70' to 99'

      100' and up

      Moorings

      $2.75

      $2.00

      $3.00

      $2.50

      $4.00

      $3.00

      $5.00

      $4.00

      $36.00

      $26.00

      Electricity

      In Season

      Off Season*

      30 Amp

      2 x 30 Amp

      50 Amp

      $10.00

      $10.00

      $20.00

      $20.00

      $15.00

      $15.00

      Wes

    • summer2004

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
          What would you consider a fair price for a serviced mooring that probably cost $1000 to install? It also costs money to pay the guy to collect your fee and maybe run the launch service that goes w/ it. And, if the location is so crowded that anchoring isn't allowed, that mooring is a service to you. Some of these harbors are pretty congested.

          Westy Egmont <wegmont@egmontassoc iates.com> wrote:
[...]
          !
          Electricity
          In Season
          Off Season*
          30 Amp
          2 x 30 Amp
          50 Amp
          $10.00
          $10.00
          $20.00
          $20.00
          $15.00
          $15.00
          Wes

        • summer2004
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
            FREE... just like the moorings the Massachusetts sailors get when they visit down east.

            Mass is corrupt.,... period.  The whole state is corrupt.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2007
              I am so glad that you and the other down east taxpayers pay for the annual maintenance and service of the moorings.
              This has nothing to do with the state anyway. These are private enterprises, or town operated areas.
              Perhaps our new governor could get a new tax hike so that the everybody (boater, and non-boater alike) could pay for me to
              get a free mooring in massachusetts :)
              Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2007 7:08 PM