Re: [MassBaySailors] Vineyard's harbors

  • summer2004
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31 4:17 PM
      Could you be more specific on the cost.  What did you pay to moor, etc in the Vineyard harbors?

      You mension "buck" but don't say how many "bucks".

      How about a dollar amount.

      Bill Scanlon <Catalina30Ruby@...> wrote:

      The Vineyard is a great destination and last summer I made a point of
      visiting each of the four ports. Each is quite different and offers a
      different experience. Now having visited a few times, I have never
      been unable to get a mooring on the day of arrival, though sometimes
      it required more bucks than planned. It is good to radio early in
      the day and ask for a mooring. Edgartown Harbor offers lots to the
      boater from a large, well-operated mooring area with helpful Harbor
      Master staff and a choice of launch or dingy docks to a good shower
      at the Harbor Master's dock and plenty of local eateries.

      Oak Bluffs will raft up boats so they pack them in, and even with the
      fireworks weekend, we found a mooring and only had to suffer the
      indignity of rafting with powerboats (imagine!). It is fun to
      combine Cuttyhunk with Menemsha but this small fishing community has
      the fewest options and is best weekdays or as a stop.

      Wes E.

      Need Mail bonding?