fyi - Maine Boatbuilders Show - this weekend 3/16 - 3/18/2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2007
      http://www.portlandcompany.com/boatShow/index.html

      A gathering of the finest fiberglass and wooden custom boatbuilders on the East Coast. Also exhibiting numerous manufacturers of boating equipment. Sailboats, powerboats, canoes, kayaks, and rowing boats with the builders there to discuss and sell their work.
      • "The word on the waterfront was that this show was different, and it sure was...the exhibits were real boats, and the parts for real boats. and service for real people, and the folks in attendance were real boat enthusiasts."
      • Peter Spectre: WoodenBoat Magazine
      • "It is more than a boatshow. It is a gathering of builders and customers. You could spend time with colleagues or customers. We all learn something."
      • Dick Pulsifer: Boatbuilder
      • "Walking through the door of the Maine Boatbuilders Show in Portland was as close as I've come to a religious experience in a long time"
      • Betsy Frawley Haggerty: Offshore Magazine

      The show times for the Maine Boatbuilders are:
      Friday and Saturday, March 16-17: 10AM - 6PM
      Sunday, March 18: 10AM - 4PM.