Hello from a new member / Dave Smaldone

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2007
      Hi Dave,

      Welcome, we'd love to hear more of your chartering, maybe over a few pints

      Dave Smaldone <dave_smaldone@...> wrote:
      Hi Everyone -

      Prior to the summer of 2006, I had crewed on various yachts (for day
      trips only) on occasion, off the coast of ME, MA, and FL.

      What really got me turned on to sailing and the thought of becoming a
      skipper was being crew on a 15-day island hopping sail on a 38-foot
      yacht among the Cyclades in Greece. That was the summer of 2005. An
      absolute dream vacation! Beginning in Alimos on the coast south of
      Athens (this is a major marina for charter companies and yachts
      heading off to the Cyclades). Wind direction and the group's
      interests got us to: Kea, Syros, Mykonos (including rest day), back
      to Syros, Paros, Serifos, Kythnos, back to Kea, and back to the
      mainland. Docking in busy harbors to anchoring in quiet remote bays.

      So off we go, and in the summer of 2006 I sailed many, many days with
      BSC, having completed several of their courses.

      I do not own a boat, but thru BSC want to become more familiar with
      the cruising grounds in and around coastal MA, and I am already
      making plans to go back to Greece in 2008.

      Cheers,
      Dave
      AIM: smalands