The not SO SuperBowl, we'll be watching it at WYC ...

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
      Hi,

      Although the Patriots are not playing in the SuperBowl we'll still be watching it at WYC.

      If you would like to watch the game at WYC as our guests, please contact us in advance so we can coordinate.

      Bill  &  Andrea

      Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
      in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2007
        Hello to All New Members,

        We are now at 170 members, we were just around 150 at Winter Solstice time.
        As always us members with longevity, see I didn’t want to say "older". As a recent qualifier for AARP I want to avoid using the term. Anyway, please continue to welcome our newest members by saying hello and helping them feel comfortable in posting messages.
        New (all) Members please;
        1. Consider posting an introductory message telling us a little bit about you, your sailing background if any and any sailing aspirations you may have. If you own a boat please tell us about it. If you have crewed on some interesting boat or trips or charters or raced in school or elsewhere. Do you have any certifications?
        2. Consider filling out a Yahoo Profile with as much info about you that you are comfortable with listing. This helps everyone have a better idea of whom we are corresponding with.
        3. If you are using a Yahoo E-Mail and/or Profile also consider using Yahoo chat or listing your AOL or ICQ etc .. IM user name. Again, there are 170 of us on this list, "I" feel our IM/Chat capabilities are way under utilized. Of course this goes for ALL MBS members.
        4. When "replying" to a message post, please, remove (delete) the content of the original message to keep your message as brief as possible. Of course there are exceptions, for instance if you want to "reference" a statement someone posted etc…
        5. Please sign your message posts with your name.
        6. Decide what e-mail setting is best for you;
        " Individual e-mail"; you would receive 1 e-mail for every post, a majority of our members feel this is too voluminous.

        "Daily Digest" an accumulation of all e-mails sent to the group in a 24 hr period, this feature also has an index of subjects at its beginning. This is the most popular option, though, "I" feel many (most) messages are overlooked with this option and therefore many people don’t reply to messages they may otherwise have if they received "individual e-mails".
        "Special Notices"; Of which NONE are ever sent.

        "No e-mail", as its name implies, hopefully these people go into the site every now and then and read the messages they have missed.

        Welcome to the MassBaySailors.

        Please use the Group to its fullest, don't be shy. Please feel free to post a welcome/hello message telling the group a little about you and your sailing background (if any) and any sailing desires you might have. You are among a truly great group of people many very talented and experienced with sailing and others just eager and willing to learn.

        Kristen, when you have time try and browse through the many message already posted over the past year and few months since I created the group. Also, please consider creating a Yahoo Profile so the rest of us know who we are corresponding with.

        You just missed a social a few weeks ago, a Winter Solstice / Holiday Party at the Winthrop YC where I and several members of this group belong, 30 people from the group attended. There will be socials happening over the coming months at WYC that I can and will invite the members of MassBaySailors to.

        I'll very likely plan the next MassBaySailors Social to follow the last day of the New England Boat Show, a Saturday (the 24th) in February.

        with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2007
          MAZ015-050915-
          SUFFOLK MA-
          INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BOSTON...CHELSEA...REVERE...WINTHROP
          349 PM EST SUN FEB 4 2007

          .TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. COLDER WITH LOWS AROUND 6 ABOVE. WEST
          WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.
          .MONDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY AND BLUSTERY. COLD WITH HIGHS AROUND 16. WEST
          WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH...INCREASING TO 45 MPH IN THE
          AFTERNOON.
          .MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR AND BLUSTERY. COLD WITH LOWS AROUND
          5 ABOVE. WEST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH IN THE EVENING.
          .TUESDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. COLD WITH HIGHS IN THE MID 20S. WEST WINDS
          15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.
          .TUESDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. COLD WITH LOWS AROUND 9 ABOVE. WEST
          WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH.
          .WEDNESDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. COLD. HIGHS IN THE
          LOWER 20S. LOWS AROUND 10 ABOVE.
          .THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. COLD. HIGHS IN THE MID
          20S. LOWS AROUND 15.
          .FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S. LOWS
          10 TO 15.

          Looking for earth-friendly autos?
        • smosher99
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2007
            --- In MassBaySailors@yahoogroups.com, Bill Scanlon

            HI, I'm one of the new members, just signed on today. I've been sailing
            for only a couple of years. Always wanted to sail, but between work and
            kids never had the time. Kids are getting older and managed to talk the
            wife into getting a Pearson P30. 1st year we had it moored in the
            Merrimack River, as I live in Salisbury and found the boaters less than
            respectfull. Last year moored it in Salem and LOVE it. Nice Place, Nice
            People just a joy. Going back to Salem for this year.

            I day sail as the wife likes to stop and swim. Eventually I would love
            to do some overnights and short cruises maybe to the Cape, the islands
            and Newport.

            Steve