Re: [MassBaySailors] Looking for partners this summer?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 21, 2007
      I have my second boat, a 1973 Bristol 26 which is in very clean condition.
      I keep it off the moring in the summer to sail it occasionally, but have
      used it to much.
      It is worth about $10,000, however, the current market does not seem to
      yield much mre than 4-5 K
      because the cleannes, solidity and seaworthyness of this boat does not seem
      to be valued as high, so people go for
      larger boats at that price range.

      I have been playing around with the ide of sharing that boat with someone,
      however, there are insurance considerations etc.
      The costs of keeping that boat are minimal, and I could even reduce the
      "sharing costs" if someone is handy in doing regular maintenance
      (wood needs to be cleaned up, bottom done etc..)

      I don't exactly know what I want to do, but I figured I'd toss out the
      situation
      Ahmet
      www.sailnomad.com