82 Catalina 30 4Sale in Hingham (Craigs List) for $10k

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2006
      I know nothing about this Catalina 30 other than what I read about her below from Craigs List;

      If she is in decent shape (fiberglass, hull, keel, cabin top, sails, running & standing rigging, interior, teak, plumbing etc .. then this is a very good deal, given the asking price ...

      11 Hp is under powered for this boat, BUT re-powering in a year or 2 at $7k ish for an new 18 hp motor (or much less for something used, there are plenty of engines,and damaged boats, for sale in the gulf coast) will only put the amount invested into this boat at or below its current market value that I would estimate at $18k to $12k.  A great day/weekend coastal cruiser.  Asking price $10k?  selling price?  $8k? $9k a lot of boat for the $$$  ...

        1982 Sailboat Catalina 30' - $10000

      Date: 2006-12-09, 8:19AM EST

      Catalina 30'(Blue and White) is of the most reliable sailboats ever built!
      Has following Sails: Main, Two Jibs

      Kenwood FM Tribander Radio

      11 HP Universal Diesel Engine A Great Purchase at $10,000.00. This boat brings lots of fun for everyone. The boat is currently in Hingham and the Engine Runs Great. I replaced the waterpump last year. Approx 10 life jackets 2 Fortress Anchors and 30' of chain 2 Bumpers Interior Cushions Blue
        • Location: Hingham, MA.
        • It's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests