2nd Annual Winter Solstice Holiday Party? If enough are interested I will plan it.

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2006
      Hello,

      Last year when the Yahoo MassBaySailors Group was less than 2 months old and it only had 60 members 20 of them (many are also members of the WYCSailors Group) met for a Winter Solstice/Holiday party.  We met at Old Ironsides Tavern in Charlsetown Mass.  We had a voluntary Yankee Swap, dinner, drinks and a good time had by all.

      Currently MassBaySailors has 148 members, if enough of you respond in the affirmative I will coordinate this event again.

      This year Winter Solstice, December 21, is on a Thursday and of course 4 days prior to Christmas.  Many of us thought this was a great way to take refuge, for a few hours, from the hectic Holiday Season.  Of course Winter Solstice is the shortest day of the year and as depressing as that may be pessimistically it's the turning point for days to start getting longer and the count down for the next sailing season.

      Please feel free to forward this e-mail to any area friend/sailor who might be interested.  I'm getting a sense that with so many of our members using the "Daily Digest" option that many message post go unread.