Sail cleaning

  • Doug Giuliana - SailTime
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 2006
      Captains,

      Anyone know of a good company that washes sails? I'd prefer a local company (to save on the shipping), but any recommendations are welcome. Thanks in advance.

      Doug
      --
      SailTime
      ...for the time of your life!

      Douglyss Giuliana
      President
      SAILTIME BOSTON
      Telephone: 617-899-6815
      email: dougg@...
      web: www.sailtime.com
    • barrydcohen@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006
        I use the Doyle Sail Loft in Marblehead.  They also store them for you.

        --
        Barry Cohen
        "Wayside" #505

        From: Doug Giuliana - SailTime <dougg@...>

        Captains,

        Anyone know of a good company that washes sails? I'd prefer a local company (to save on the shipping), but any recommendations are welcome. Thanks in advance.

        Doug

        --
        SailTime
        ...for the time of your life!

        Douglyss Giuliana
        President
        SAILTIME BOSTON
        Telephone: 617-899-6815
        email: dougg@sailtime. com
        web: www.sailtime. com

      • KAC
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006
          There is a place on Route 53 in Norwell/Hanover near the intersection where Assinippi Store is that has a sign in front - I have never used them and would be curious to know how they do - anyone else?
          Kate Colbert
          LegaSea
          C&C 26

        • querencia
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006

            I used to use Doyle Sails in Marblehead ,but now have switched over to North Sails  in Salem ,[ See Brad White there ] ,But I’m

            Sure any of the sail lofts can take care of you, they charge by the pound and will also store them for the winter there !!!

            Ed Pinanski

            " Querencia "

            1986 Pearson P33-2  # 37

            Beverly,MA [ On the North Shore ]

            Anyone know of a good company that washes sails? I'd prefer a local company (to save on the shipping), but any recommendations are welcome. Thanks in advance.

            Doug

            (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

          • Barry Needalman
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006
              I've had my sails serviced by the Doyle Service Loft in Marblehead for the last several years.  The sails come back clean and they usually make a few minor repairs.  I think most of the local sail lofts provide a similar service.

              Doyle Service Loft
              16 Lincoln Ave
              Marblehead MA 01945
              +1.781.639.8086

              On 10/29/06, Doug Giuliana - SailTime <dougg@...> wrote:

              Captains,

              Anyone know of a good company that washes sails? I'd prefer a local company (to save on the shipping), but any recommendations are welcome. Thanks in advance.

              Doug

              --
              SailTime
              ...for the time of your life!

              Douglyss Giuliana
              President
              SAILTIME BOSTON
              Telephone: 617-899-6815
              email: dougg@...
              web: www.sailtime.com

            • Leo Corsetti
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006

                Try Doyle service loft in Marblehead , Marianne is great and their prices are reasonable,  I have been using then for 20 years.

                T-33 Satisfaction

                Winthrop Yacht Club

                Leo Corsetti

                lgcorsetti@...

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 8, 2006
                  Hello,

                  If your e-mail in box, from MassBaySailors, has been quiet over the past 11 days its because I and 19 others from WYC were on vacation in the BVI's.

                  Paradise is the only way to describe it.

                  We chartered 3 sailboats, 2 Lagoon 440's (9 crew each) and 1 Benateau 343 (2 crew) for 9 days/nights on the boats followed by 2 nights at the Bitter End Yacht Club.

                  If a vacation in Paradise appeals to you, stay tuned. After the holidays pass I am going to begin organizing a group vacation that I will combine sailboat chartering and some days & nights at the Bitter end Yacht Club.  I expect I'll choose the same tine next year.

                  Over the next few days I'll be posting pictures of the vacation on my WebShots account.  If you want an invite to these pics or further detail of our itinerary e-mail me directly.

                  Sponsored Link

                  $200,000 mortgage for $660/mo - 30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt, home equity - Click now for info